Wednesday 2 August 2017

My favourite genre movies

With many different genres in film, I thought I go over those many different ones and talk about my favourite from a lot of the categories and talk in depth about each one. I'm not going to do them all because, for one, there's a lot, and also, I don't know some of the ones I've looked up. I know this is a kinda different entry to the kind I usually do, but I just wanted to try something kinda different for once. And so, without anything else to say, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
Action: Captain America: Civil War: Starting us off is action. And for my favourite action movie, I'm going with Captain America: Civil War. I don't know if I can say it's my favourite comic book movie, but it's my favourite action movie because it has the best action I've ever seen. And I'm not going by brutal action like in Logan where there's blood everywhere, I'm going by how the action is done and the choreography. And for me, this is the one that has the best action I've ever seen in any movie ever.
R rated: Deadpool: For my favourite R rated movie I'm going with Deadpool. And now, you're going to see another R rated movie coming up soon and that will be my favourite movie from that genre but in terms of what I like most, and you can say the same thing for Logan because that movie is also R rated, even though I like both those movie, I just like Deadpool more as a movie and as an R rated movie. I especially put it here for being such a fun movie too.
Adventure: Zootropolis: Continuing is one of the most fun Disney Classics out there and just maybe one of the best ever, Zootropolis. This movie's story and even kinda mystery aspect to it all is always interesting and fun to me whenever I see it. Every time I do watch it, it's always just as fun as I remember and it's always fun to watch this adventure go about with these fantastic characters. And the whole adventure part is always so much fun and I never get tired of it. Just everything in this always has me entertained and I'm never bored when watching it.
Comedy: This Is The End: This is what I meant a second ago by another R rated movie that I love. I mentioned this last year when I made my top 5 favourite comedies. And I still stand by that. This Is The End is by far the funniest movie I think I've ever seen in my entire life. There are so many laugh out loud moments that made me burst out laughing in so many scenes. I love this movie so much and I'm definitely putting it as my favourite comedy ever.
Crime: The Nice Guys: Now, this might seem strange if you've seen this movie and liked it because I should probably put this in the comedy genre, but I think as a comedy, I like This Is The End more, but on the Crime side, and maybe even mystery side, I'm putting the Nice Guys. Me and a ton of people have said that this movie is pretty underrated and a super fun movie. If you wanna know my full thoughts on it, go read my top 5 underrated movies of 2016 that I did in June. Overall, it's a super fun movie and it's a really good crime and mystery too. Go see it if you haven't already.
Musical: Moana: A lot of you might find this a bit weird considering the fact that I'm sure a lot of you most likely like a lot of other musicals more and there are probably better ones. But this is my opinion and I just personally love this movie and think it's the best musical I've ever seen with some of the best songs I think I may have ever heard before in my whole life. And watching the characters go through what they're going through with these amazing songs along the way. And, unlike some other musicals I've seen where it feels like the songs aren't organised very well with where some are placed and where their left out, that never occurs here. This is just the best musical ever to me.
Fantasy: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: Filling in the role of my favourite fantasy movie is the last Harry Potter movie. Or at least the last of the original series. And this film is a perfect indication of how to do a conclusion to a series of films perfectly. This movie is basically one huge battle, but somehow they made so that it never gets old or tiring. All the characters are here and they're all used at their best here like Harry, Nevil and all the rest. The end climax is humongous, just like the rest of the movie, and there's never a boring scene.
Spy: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: I've never actually seen any of the Mission Impossible movies and I haven't seen a lot of spy movies, but at the start of the year I saw this movie with my dad and I remember being really entertained and really enjoying it. Tom Cruise is still proving to be one of the most beloved actors of all time and he's incredible here. The C.G.I, directing, practical effects, performances and everything makes this a super fun movie that I had a lot of fun watching and I can't wait to see it again.
Romance: The Lion King 2: Now, this is a ginormous surprise to me in the sense that I'm surprised I'm actually talking about a romance movie because I usually don't care about that kinda stuff in movies and real life, but, I couldn't help it. I had to admit the truth. While I'm not at all a fan of romance movies, as I just said, I can't help but love this one because the characters are so good and the romance between Kiara and Kovu is there and I totally believe it. That's actually the best part of that movie for me. Their relationship. And, again, I'm surprised to say that but that is the truth and in terms of what I think my favourite romance movie ever is, I think it's this one.
Satire: Superhero Movie: In case you don't know what a satire movie is, it's when a movie is a mocking movie that mocks other movies and makes a whole bunch of references to it and feels like it's giving it a huge slap in the face. And this might be the best one for me. Superhero Movie is a super funny movie. It's basically copying the story of the first Spider-Man movie, but it also incorporates it's own style to it so they can make fun of it and a ton of superhero movies in general. It's really hilarious and it's, not perfect, but good all the same. Watch it if you haven't already unless you're a young kid, then don't it's really an older teenager movie.
Science fiction: Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi: If you all have been following this blog for a while now, than you know what even though I love all the movies of the original trilogy of Star Wars, my personal favourite is the last one. While Episode V is amazing and I can easily understand why people love it and think it's the best, my favourite is Return of the Jedi. It's a really fun movie and has a more lighter tone than the last, and the ending is also a super happy one and I like happy endings. I just love this movie and it's easily my favourite Star Wars movie and sci-fi movie.
Slice of life: Bambi 2: I actually didn't entirely know what this meant until recently when I looked it up, but, yeah, my favourite "Slice of Life" movie is Bambi 2. Again, as I said in my review of this movie, I do really like the first movie, but I love the second movie more. It's more fun in my opinion and I'm never bored. Bambi and all the other characters are used fantastically, so is the voice cast and animation. And it's interesting to see this kinda story be told when they didn't really need to fill in that gap of what Bambi was doing in that time, but they did and did it amazingly in my opinion.
Pirate: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl: Finishing us off is my favourite pirate movie ever, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. I've loved this movie for years and I still do. It's super fun, funny and it's an extremely fun romp. Say what you will about the franchise after this point, but this first film is just so fantastic to me. Johnny  Depp is brilliant and fun to watch as Jack Sparrow, the choreography of the action and cinematography of every shot is fantastic to look at. Pretty much everything in this is so much fun to watch and I always have a blast with it. And so everyone, those are my favourite movies from different film genres. I didn't do all of them, but I tried to do as many as I could and I had fun doing it. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what your favourite movies from these genres are.

3 comments:

  1. Dude an action movie starring Daniel Danger would be sick he could fight the asylum demon from Dark Souls but then they realize they have more in common then they first thought so they could team up and fight the real enemy who is Ronald Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think r rated is a good genre

    ReplyDelete