Thursday 19 April 2018

My top 10 manga artists

With there being hundreds of manga titles out there, one of the best parts about them are the people who made them in the first place. These Japanese artists have some of the best book art I've ever seen. I myself already have a ton of manga titles with incredible art in them and the people who did them have an insane amount of talent. This list won't just be counting the artists' mangas, but also their storytelling and their influence on other manga creators. Also, this won't be counted by the mangas themselves, just what I mentioned, so, don't be thinking this is my ranking of my favourite manga or anime. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Hiro Mashima:
Hiro Mashima - Japan Expo 2010 - Day3 - P1460391.jpg
Starting us off at number 10 is the creator of the Fairy Tail and Rave mangas. While I've never really seen the Rave manga, his Fairy Tail manga alone has been so much fun to read. Obviously there's the anime that I'm most known for, but the manga has also been a fun read so far. I'm collecting them and I can't wait to get the rest. And a lot of the fun has to do with Hiro's amazing art and expert storytelling.
9. Nakaba Suzuki:
See the source image
Next up is the creator of the Seven Deadly Sins manga. I haven't mentioned this manga or anime before, but I really enjoy it and think it's really good. I really like the characters, setting, story, art and fun of it. And Nakaba's incredible art is a big part of the fun. The art is certainly amazing, and I really like the characters as I said like Meliodas and the others.
8. Tite Kubo:
Image result for tite kubo
Say what you want to about the disappointing direction of the Bleach manga and story towards the ending of it, but there's no denying the start and middle part of it were super fun, creative and really fantastic. And a lot of that has to do with the originally and art of Tite Kubo, who's art is one of the bloody and violent I had ever seen when I first saw it years ago.
7. Kazuki Takahashi:

One of the more underrated ones on this list, Kazuki Takahashi is the creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh manga. I'm actually really amazed with the various details Kazuki is capable of putting into his manga. Not just that, but it's incredible with his character designs and how he's able to do the different card designs in the pictures. The exploration and education of the character's pasts are all interesting too and love how detailed the mangas are.
6. Naoki Urasawa:
See the source image
While Naoki Ursawa's manga itself is incredible like Monster, I put him on the list just because of how absolutely amazing his manga artwork is. The stories in his manga are great too, but the art alone is worthy of looking at. He's also become a great inspiration for other artists like him and he has huge success with other manga too like 20th Century Boy.
5. Masashi Kishimoto:
See the source image
At number 5 is the master behind the Naruto franchise, Masashi Kishimoto. Reaching deserved phenomenal heights with this manga series, Masashi Kishimoto's amazing series has been going for a long time and even the manga series is still going with the Boruto manga. His expert storytelling along with ability to give character depth to everyone is beyond impressive. His manga also includes phenomenal art, action, stories and character complexity. People all around the world know of this series and it has even inspired many artists out there. And I'm almost done collecting all the 3 in 1 mangas.
4. Eiichiro Oda:
While Masashi Kishimoto may have a fantastic legacy with Naruto, no artist has been making as much success as Eiichiro Oda, as in the creator of the long-running manga series One Piece. Eiichiro Oda has been doing the One Piece manga ever since 1997 and is still going to this day. Who knows when the manga's gonna end, but I can't wait for the end like a lot of people and it will be super interesting to see it all end after all this time. Seriously, it's been going even long than I've been alive. And the manga itself has amazing art with fantastic stories, characters, mysteries, investment and action. And, yeah, like I said, I cannot wait for the ending to eventually come out.
3. Takeshi Obata:
Image result for takeshi obata person
Now, Takeshi Obata is on the list for the same reason as Naoki Ursawa, as in the art his art is unbelievable. He's the artist for the Death Note manga. He's not the writer, just the artist and the art in Death Note might be the best looking manga series I've ever seen. You can definitely tell the art done in that manga is done by a professional. And the art in the manga easily helps tell the story as well with the best kind you'd ever see.
2. Hiromu Arakawa:
Image result for hiromu arakawa
Coming in close to number 1 is the genius creator of the Fullmetal Alchemist series, Hiromu Arakawa. While tons of artists have made a lot of success, none have managed to reach the same amount of heights that she has thanks to her outstanding series. Not just Fullmetal Alchemist, but she's also done other manga series like Silver Spoon. But we all know that the Fullmetal Alchemist series is her best and one of, if not the best manga/anime of all time with Brotherhood. Is it my favourite? I don't know. But no one can deny just how much of a genius Hiromu is with her art on it and her mastery storytelling in it as well.
And my number 1 favourite manga artist is... Akira Toriama:
Akira Toriyama.jpg
And finally at number 1 is the inspiration for all manga artists out there, Akira Toriama, A.K.A, the creator of Dragon Ball, is easily the most famous manga/anime of all time with the most famous manga/anime character of all time, Goku. Not only is the creator of this incredible series, but he's also a video game designer and is the one has helped inspire so many artists after him because of Dragon Ball and has inspired so many people around the world and helped them get into anime and manga in general all thanks to his imaginative work for the story and the unique characters and powers. If it wasn't for him, anime may not even be the amazing piece of entertainment that it is today, and I can't wait to find out what he does next. And so everyone, those are my choices for my top 10 manga artists. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think and, if you like manga, please comment down below to tell me who your favourite manga artist is.

No comments:

Post a Comment