Sunday 2 July 2017

My top 10 favourite Disney songs

So with me talking a lot about Disney recently, this idea came to me and so I decided to do to it. Here, I'll be counting down my favourite Disney songs. One of the many things that Disney is best known for is it's amazing songs a lot of the time. And there will be some rules here. One, I'm not counting Kingdom Hearts songs or Pixar songs. I'm just counting them from Disney Classics, straight to video Disney sequels and live action movies. Two, I'm also not including any of the Disney shows or show movies like the Lion Guard and stuff like that. Three, I'm going to be showing all of you the songs as well as long as explaining where they're from and just talking about why I love them so much. And four... actually, there is no four. I just wanted to make a joke there. Anyway, let's begin, I can't wait to tell all of you and I hope you all like this.
10. Hellfire/Hunchback Of Notre Dame:
Starting us off is the first and only villain song on this list and that is Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I haven't spoken about this song in a while but I just love the way it sounds and how evil is. It's also just dark and twisted as you can imagine and as Frollo himself. And it's cool because it goes beyond the boundaries of what Disney would usually do. I never would have imagined them doing something like this. I mean they practically incorporating lust intentions and "it" as well. If you're an adult or something and you've seen this movie, you'll probably know what I mean. But it's also just an awesome and really cool sounding song that's great to listen to and well sung by Tony Jay.
9. There Is Life/Bambi 2:
Now, remember in my review of Bambi 2, I was talking about this song and how it could be one of my favourite Disney songs ever? Well, I was being serious. This is one of my favourites. As I said before, I really like it because I think it's a really nice sound and how great it I to hear. It really does fit into the world of Bambi really well too.
8. Love Will Find A Way/The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride:
I'm actually really surprised to be putting a love song on this list because anyone who knows me knows I don't care one bit about that kinda stuff, but just like the last song, I just really, really love the way it sounds and the way the singers sound when singing this song. It also just a great melody too and the instrumentals for it I think really fit and fit the mood too. So yeah, I just love listening to this song and I think it's a great one.
7. He Lives In You/The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride:
Probably my favourite song in all of the Lion King 2 I think is this one. I recently put it onto my iPod and I think it's an amazing song. As I said in my review, I think this is a really famous song too from what I've heard from people on YouTube and I heard it's even in the Broadway version of it too. And it's easy to see why. It's a great sound and it almost kinda gets you thinking about some things. Maybe not you, but it definitely did for me. It sorta makes me think of what's going to happen in future and it really gives me more hope in it. That may come off as cheesy to a lot of you, but whenever I hear it, I always sorta get this thought about. Again, that may sound weird, but that's what kinda get out of it. But ever besides that, it's also just a really fantastic song and one I love to listen to.
6. When You Wish Upon A Star/Pinocchio:
Next on the list is maybe Disney's biggest trademark of all time. This is a song that Disney always uses. A lot of people regard it as the greatest Disney song of all time. And while I don't entirely agree because it's not my favourite, I most definitely understand why. It's a song I've heard people say helps people be good and better people. It's also kinda interesting to me how they actually did manage to do a song like this with this kinda sound back in 1940. There's a lot of things in this movie I'm surprised they were able to do. And it's also just great sound too and great lyrics too.
5. When We're Human/The Princess And The Frog:
Now we get into a super fun Disney song. When We're Human I think is really fun and the singing from everyone is terrific. The colours also play a big part in it and it all looks fantastic as they're going along and singing around it. The lyrics are also so meaningful for the characters and it's all catchy and fun to listen to. And, as you'll also see later, it just gets better and better the more it goes. Especially towards the end when they're all singing together.
4. Let It Go/Frozen:
Do I even have to explain this one? I mean, while people have started saying that they're not liking this song, I think that's due to the backlash. Ever heard those people who're saying they don't like this movie anymore? Well, I always sorta think that that's because of the fact that there's merchandise for it everywhere. So people are just sorta getting tired of it. But that's not the film's fault. I still love this movie and this song is easily the best one in the whole film. It's epic, it awesome, it's music matches the tone perfectly, the actress/singer, Idina Menzel, is amazing as the voice and singing voice for Elsa and it's overall just an amazing song and easily one of Disney's best ever.
3. Part Of Your World/The Little Mermaid:
I actually only recently got back into this song. I mean, I've always loved it, but it's only recently I got back into it again. I did a few years ago and I am again now. But this song really is awesome and nice sounding. The same goes to the next song that's from the same movie. It's almost kinda in the shadows but that makes it kinda interesting to me. The colours are all well utilised and everything, especially during that big part where Ariel is reaching up to the sky, is awesome and great to hear. It's just a beautiful sounding song.
2. Under The Sea/The Little Mermaid:
Close to number 1 is another Little Mermaid movie and another awesome song. And this is a song where it gets better and better the faster and more energised it gets. This what I think people think of when they want to listen to a real Disney musical. It's done with so much passion and energy. There's no easy going in this song, it's all just awesome beats every second. And as it get closer to the end, it just keeps building and building. It almost kinda gives me shivers just by thinking all of this. It's all so much fun to listen too.
Honourable mentions:
Feed the Birds/Mary Poppins,
Circle Of Life/The Lion King,
Where You Are/Moana,
A Whole New World/Aladdin,
We Know The Way/Moana,
And my number 1 favourite Disney song is... How Far I'll Go/Moana:
I actually thought a lot about this to make absolute sure this was my number 1 choice. And after thinking about it for probably too long, I decided to go with, yes. This is my favourite Disney song of all time. It only came out less than a year ago and I already love every second of it. It's sound amazing and the lyrics are perfect and meaningful for Moana's character, the singing by Auli'i Cravalho is amazing, the scenery of everything while she's singing it is beautiful and it's just so catchy and I've already listened to it countless times and I know I'm going to listen to it even more countless times. It practically makes Moana who she is and who we'll remember her as. A fantastic character and this song really solidifies her as a huge dreamer. Pretty much everything in it is perfect and there's never time in it where I want to skip any part of it. And all that is why How Far I'll Go is my favourite Disney song of all time. And so everyone, those are my top 10 favourite Disney songs of all time. Thank you all for reading and please comment to tell me what yours are. I would love to know what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment