Friday 20 November 2020

Kingdom Hearts: Melody Of Memory

And so, everyone, we've finally arrived at the newest Kingdom Hearts game, Melody Of Memory. As per usual with these games, I was insanely excited for this. But, like what I said in my opening of the game video I did, I mentioned how I wasn't to buy it the normal way with just going to a game shop and buying it. I had to order it on the website of my local GameStop and have it get delivered to my house due to the CoronaVirus. But I was anticipating every single second of waiting for it to arrive. And, ever since it did arrive, I've practically been playing it nonstop. In fact, in terms of the main story of the game, I beat the thing in one day in just 9 hours. I know that's probably nonsensical, but, I couldn't help it. It was super addicting and it was amazing to finally have a Kingdom Hearts game on the Switch. And I was so satisfied with what I got, I loved so much about this game. Also, for this, I'm going full spoilers about the whole thing from the beginning because I feel it's the only way to talk about this properly. All right, so you all more than likely know that this is actually a timing rhythm game. Unlike the other games which were hack and slash J.R.P.G's, this, this is essentially all a rhythm game. There's no actual combat in this at all like the others. And, so, the story objective of the game is that you go to almost every world from all the previous Kingdom Hearts games and do timing rhythms in all of them to destroy Heartless. And, every once in a while, you'll hear a narration from Kairi telling the plot of the games, especially everything Sora's done. And, that's really it until the end. Until the end, it's all just going to the previous worlds and doing these different songs. And a lot of them are really fun and exciting to do. Not to mention, addicting. Like I already said, this game is really addicting. But it's cool to play through these worlds and it's especially just really cool to be doing this on the Switch, which, I must say, was really exciting to do because, even though the likeliness of this happening is low, seeing these Kingdom Hearts moments on the Switch, especially the Kingdom Hearts 3 ones, gave me more hope of eventually getting the other Kingdom Hearts games ported onto the Switch one day. I would absolutely love that. Again, I know it's unlikely, but still, it's cool to think about. Anyway, going though these worlds and songs was really exciting. Especially my favourite songs and bits on music in the series. Not only in the main story, but in the main menu, you can select a library of other songs and music from the series and it was really exciting being able to go though those as well. And, the whole time, you have four teams. Sora, Donald and Goofy, Roxas, Axel and Xion, Riku, Meow Wow and Komory Bat and Aqua, Ven and Terra. Personally, I used Sora, Donald and Goofy the most, but I did use the others occasionally. You unlock the other three teams as you go along. But, like I said, you keep going through the whole thing until the end where there's finally some real cutscenes and a real piece of the plot. And now we're gonna get into the end. The last one you go to is the Final World as Kairi. This is the part I was most excited for. The first thing you have to do is just go through another music of the regular music from the Final World. After that, you gather the pieces of her heart like you did as Sora in Kingdom Hearts 3, so that was really cool. And, finally, Kairi comes face to face with someone in an Organization coat who it turns is Xehanort and they talk until Kairi attacks him. And it looks like she loses until the Kingdom Key appears in her hand and then, somehow, she sorts takes on the appearance of Sora. This was all clearly in her head, but it was so cool. For a second, when I saw the Kingdom Key, I thought Sora had reappeared. But it's actually just Kairi taking on his appearance since this is in her head. So, you fight against Xehanort on a music stream with the music that played when you fight him at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3. That was cool, though I do wish that it was Kairi because that would have been really cool to see her in battle. But, anyway, once you beat him, we see a memory of Kairi's when she was a small girl and Xehanort put her in a device that sent her to Destiny Islands. And then we see the Xehanort with her there tell her about how Sora is in some fictional world. She then wakes up in Radiant Garden with Ienzo, Ansem The Wise and Even like she was at the end of Re:Mind. She then tells them what Xehanort said and Riku appears with the Fairy Godmother. That part was really cool. Just seeing her and Kairi interacting. They then go to the Final World where they meet that woman who Sora met and she reveals that Sora is probably at a place called Quadratum. So apparently it's not Shibuya like a lot of people thought. So, Riku ends up going there which explains where he was at the end of Re:Mind. But Kairi knows she's not powerful enough, so she goes back to tell Yen Sid and the others about it. She then also decides to have Aqua train her. Which is something I so called. I thought it would be cool for that to happen and now it finally did. That made me so excited. And, not only that, but Yen Sid also has King Mickey bring the others back from their search and tells him to begin looking into the old Keyblade masters in Scala Ad Caelum, and that as well got me insanely excited. And, yeah, the game just ends there. Not necessarily, but that's where the story ends. So, for everything in the story, I was extremely satisfied with it and I can't wait to see what happens next. Whatever the next game is and whatever happens next, I can't wait to see more. And, in terms of what else is in the game, this is actually why this review has taken this long because I finished the main story in just 9 hours in one day, but there were more worlds and songs to unlock in the world map like One- Winged Angel, Rage Awakened and The Other Promise. I really wanted to unlock all the worlds on the map before I did my review. So, I did. Really, I just started this game eager to see what it had to show and I left feeling really excited and curious for what'll be coming next. And I can't wait. And, so, yeah, everyone, that's my review of Kingdom Hearts: Melody Of Memory. I know this review wasn't super long like a lot of the other Kingdom Hearts reviews, but this just didn't have that much in it aside from the ending, which was a lot. The rest of the stuff was great and I loved it, but it's all just the same thing until that ending. And so, yeah, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment