Thursday 24 July 2014

My top 5 2-D animated Disney movies

5. Peter Pan (1953): The reason I like this movie so much is because of the comedy and the characters are likable. Like I've said before it has a really, really funny villain, Captain Hook. The also his bumbling sidekick Mr Smee who's also really funny. Smee wants to mean but like I just said he just too bumbling and nice. Plus when you put the two of them together with the crocodile, man this is some of the best slapstick you'll ever see. The timing, the pacing, the animation, the expressions. It kills me every single time I watch these scenes. Just watch this and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
I just love it. But it' not just Hook it's also the rest of the characters. There's Peter, Wendy, John, Michael, the lost boys, the pirates, the mermaids and Tinker Bell. And they are all really likable.
4. Hercules (1997): When I was younger my dad and I used to watch this a lot. I still do like it. It's funny, colourful and the characters are all likable. Hercules is bit of a naïve but nice guy who does want to do good. Phil is a grouchy, grumpy but still likable and nice character. I'd say the villain Hades is also really funny. So really I like this movie because of the really good characters.
3. Sleeping Beauty (1959): When I first saw this movie I was really amazed by it. It was 1000 times better than I remember I thought it was going to be. It has Maleficent in it and as I've said 10000 times before she's my favourite Disney villain. Also the side characters are great. And by that I mean the three good fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. They're funny, nice and pretty good protectors.
2. The Lion King (1994): This is said to be the highest grossing 2-D animated movie of all time as well as the second highest grossing Disney movie of all time and you know what!? It's easy to see why. The animation is great, the characters are fantastic, the villain is pretty good and the songs are all memorable. When this movie came out everyone must of loved this movie. When they rereleased it I went to see it and man was it just gigantic. Actually since it's 2014 right now that means it's been 20 years since it premiered.
And my number 1 favourite 2-D animated Disney movie is... The Princess and the Frog (2009): Yeah I've said this before and I'm saying it again. The characters are the best 2-D animated Disney characters I've ever seen, the animation is amazing, the comedy is really funny, the villain is awesome, the songs are brilliant, the story is well written and the voice acting is really good. I'd say my favourite character is probably Naveen or Louis. So basically the reason I love this movie is actually for a lot of reasons, it's funny, emotional, memorable characters, the animation is great, it's bright, the story's easy to follow you get wrapped up in the drama and it has a lot of memorable moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment