Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas, wow talk about a film that only did O.K at the box office but got tons on great reviews and praises. To be honest I'd never heard about this movie until I saw it in Kingdom Hearts and it was actually because of Kingdom Hearts I decided to get it on DVD. When I first saw I thought it was, meh. Pretty good but a little annoying. However, over the years I've grown to really like it. It's like my original thoughts on Frozen, I originally thought it was annoying but when I started watching it more and more it's become one of my favourites. When I say it's one of my favourites it's because this was done by Tim Burton, the same person who did Batman and Batman Returns. You can count this as one of my Disney review. What's the story? It seems all the holidays are given their own land, Halloween town, Christmas town and all the rest. The leader of Halloween, "Jack Skeleton" is finally getting tired of his holiday and wants to try something new . So he accidentally finds the Christmas holiday and decides he wants to take it for his own. Showing the people of Halloween what he's discovered and even kidnapping Santa Clause himself, Jack decides he going to transform a Merry Christmas into a Scary Christmas. Instead of bringing treats and toys he's going to bring creeps and scares which ultimately result in a horrible catastrophe. And meanwhile Santa himself has been taken to the evil "Oogie Boogie" by his henchmen "Lock, Stock and Barrel to be torucherd. And now it's up to Jack to stop Oogie and fix everything. The movie has a great story with it's creativity and simplicity. It's also really easy explain and easy to follow The visuals are really cool to look at seeing it's Tim Burton doing it. But also the song are pretty good too. The composer and song writer of this is Danny Elfman who's done all of Tim's movies, even Batman. And yeah the songs in this are actually the same feeling I originally had with the Frozen songs too. Originally I thought they were annoying but they actually are really enjoyable. Like "This is Halloween, Kidnap the Sandy Claws, What's this What's this" and so on. Elfman himself does the singing voice of Jack and I couldn't even tell the songs are just that good. I actually also think the villain is a little weird and little to bad. When I say bad I mean he doesn't do that much and I would of liked there to be a bit more screen time with him. But with the screen time Oogie got he is still pretty cool. My favourite part of the movie is the climax between Jack and Oogie. Just the way they move and the way all of Oogie's invention all fly around. Watch this.
I'd say the only problem I have with the movie is that a few things aren't explained like when Jack comes back to Halloween Town it's never explained about how he found out that Oogie had Santa and his friend named Sally. But still, aside from that the movie is still enjoyable and like I said this is one of my top 5 or maybe even top 3 favourite Tim Burton films. And I especially love it in Kingdom Hearts. It's just that good. If you haven't seen it yet I'd say take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment