Tuesday 10 March 2015

My top 5 favourite superhero movies

I've actually been watching a lot of superhero movies recently and that's why I decided to make this list.
5. Batman 1989: This one may actually surprise you because of what you're going to see in a few minutes with my number 3 spot. But anyway, this movie and it's sequel "Batman Returns" are both on this list. They were both dark, had the same actors and the same director "Tim Burton." They both had some decent action even though it really wasn't anything that spectacular or even not great, but regardless they are still great movies with great actors and a good storyline.
4. The Iron man, Thor and Captain America trilogies: Now this is really cheating because they're all different trilogies. But they all do come together in the 2012 movie "The Avengers." They all have the perfect cast. Like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America. They all have some spectacular fighting scenes and really good subtle moments too. They're just amazing.
3. The Dark Knight trilogy: Now I know I've said before that I thought the Batman series is better but after having watched them both again recently I've found that The Dark Knight Trilogy is the superior Batman movie series and a lot that comes from Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman. In my opinion, he's the best Batman. The way he looks in the costume, the way he does everything cleverly, the way he can look intimidating and look intimidating himself and I actually do think that voice does fit the Batman character and it does have really brilliant looking action scenes.
2. The Amazing Spider-man trilogy: Yeah I bet you thought you were going to see this as number 1 but no, while I do think it's a spectacular superhero film trilogy, it's not my number 1. But still it is amazing. It has a perfect cast, a good storyline, even if it is a little complicated and a little choppy and it does have a lot of likable scenes and intense action scenes. The thing that especially makes it for me is two things. One is Andrew Garfield as Spider-man who is still the best Spider-man in my opinion. His comedy, his brains, his strategies, his entertainment, care and the fact that he is interesting, this is the Spider-man I look up to and admire. And the other thing that makes it for me is both the other cast and the atmosphere that the director's trying to create. The shots, the angles, the pacing, these movies actually allow you to breath for a minute and take in the full size and scope of everything that is Spider-man, it really allow you to suck up the atmosphere.
And my number 1 favourite superhero movie of all time is... The Avengers: Yeah, The Avengers is my favourite superhero movie. It has a great story, great characters, some of the best action scenes ever and it has a perfect ending.  It has Iron man, Thor and Captain America back. As well as Scarlet Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk  and even Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Natasha and Nick appeared in a few of the other Marvel movies before this and man did they do it fantastically. But back to it. It does have some spectacular action scenes. The best one being the New York final battle at the end. It also has a great villain with Loki played by Tom Huddleston and you can tell he's having a bunch of fun in it. He's just so enjoyable to watch. It also has a bunch of the same comedy from the other great Marvel movies as well as some unbelievable visuals, especially the design of the Chitauri aliens. They're going to be making a sequel to it this year and I'm hoping to go to it. Also I'm going to be doing reviews to the Marvel and maybe a few DC superhero movies like I did with the Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks ones. So I think I said enough all I can say left is that it's a spectacular superhero movie and my number 1 all time favourite one of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment