Saturday 23 January 2016

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

This is the last of all the Pirate movies. Well not really, because there's supposed to be another one out soon. And out of all of them, this is the most hated. To be honest, this is my second favourite Pirates movie. Even though I do understand why people don't like it. But out of al of the sequels, this is the one that's probably the most easiest to understand. Yes, there is 1 or 2 things that are kinda complicated, but it's not as bad as the other 2. And watching this film, I found it to be better than the last 2. Not even close to being better than the first but I still enjoyed myself and when I saw it, I said thank-you because I finally got a Pirates movie I wanted. And also, this was the only Pirates movie I saw in the cinema with my brother and sister. What's the story? So Jack is in London trying to free Gibbs from being arrested because people think that he's Jack. He eventually does but then they both get caught. People are saying Jack is putting together a crew but he doesn't know what they're talking about. Barbossa then arrives and tells Jack that he lost the Black Pearl which of course makes Jack angry at him. After a pretty cool chase scene, Jack meets his dad again, yeah we see his dad in the third one, and he tells him some advice that will help him get to the Fountain of Youth and how to make it work. Apparently you need 2 special challises and use a mermaid's tear in one of them and if you drink the one from the one with the tear in it you'll live forever but if you drink the one that doesn't, you'll die. So there needs to be 2 people to make it work. At the same pub they're talking at, Jack meets a person who's been posing as him and they have a sword fight and it turns out that it's just a person named Angelica who Jack used to know. They talk for a bit and she tells him that her father is Blackbeard and that he's searching for the Fountain of Youth as well. The next day, Jack and a few others are brought on board Blackbeard's ship and that night they make a plan to take over the ship and defeat Blackbeard's mutant crew. They eventually do until Blackbeard himself comes on deck and stops them with his sword that has the power to control everything on the ship. He and Jack talk and Blackbeard reveals that he has a Jack Voodoo doll and unless he wants to stay alive from it not getting harmed, he'll help Blackbeard get to the fountain. And the rest I won't spoil. So let's go over the few problems I have with the film. Firstly, I didn't like the few complicated things in this, like there's a scene where Jack and the others have to some stuff to capture a mermaid, and yeah, something about the way something happens during that scene happens, it just comes across as something you can't understand that good. Another thing I didn't like was something that happens during the climax where, I won't spoil, but something just happens and it just sorta comes out of nowhere. And now, what I did like. Firstly the action in this is incredible creative, incredibly funny and each one advances the story in someway. Jack himself is better than he was in the last 2. Not better than the first but still fine. The adventure as well is fun when they're moving and heading trying to find the fountain. And there's a scene that happens that takes place in an old ship with Jack and Barbossa and that was pretty funny and they did do some cool things with it. So yeah, the first film is still the best one of all of them but I still like this one. I can't really say it's good, but it has good things in it. Some of the best out of all of the Pirates movies. With the last 2. It felt like they were kinda pointless. This one kinda is too but I still stand by it as the second best out of all of them. I wouldn't recommend it but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says.

No comments:

Post a Comment