Saturday 19 May 2018

Deadpool 2

So in case you don't know this about me, the first Deadpool movie is one of my favourite comic book movies, and maybe one of my favourite movies of all time. When seeing it for the first time, it was the type of movie I've always wanted to see. And given how I already loved the Deadpool character prior, it was exactly what I wanted and even more. So, of course, I was so excited to see the sequel, even though the director of the first, Tim Miller, wasn't directing this. And, yes, like always, the first part will have no spoilers and then the second part will have all the spoilers. So, what's the story? Well, actually, I'm not going to talk about the story because there's actually a huge twist at the start of this movie and I don't want to spoil it just yet. The actual main plot is that there's this kid, Russell, played by Julian Dennison, that Deadpool is trying to protect from the mutant Cable, played by Josh Brolin, who's trying to assassinate him. That's all I'm going to say about the story. So, what were my overall thoughts on the movie and did I like? Yeah, I did. It was extremely funny, likeable, entertaining and I had a blast with it. I think it may even have more references in it than the first one did. However, even though I did really like it, I didn't think it was perfect and there were quite a few problems I had with it. That being said, there's a ton of things to enjoy in this movie and I highly recommend seeing it for yourself. Firstly, let's talk about the good things here. For one, the cast is still phenomenal. Ryan Reynolds is still incredible as this character. He was practically born to play Deadpool and he's, once again, a fantastic actor. Josh Brolin is amazing as Cable and I, along with everyone else, think that it's funny that he's in this movie considering he was already in a Marvel movie this year in Infinity War as Thanos, which he was outstanding in. And here, he delivers an amazing and really emotional performance. And the rest are just as good, especially Julian Dennison as Russell. For a young kid, he gave a fantastic and hilarious, and even emotional performance himself. Now, in terms of action, yeah, for a Deadpool movie, the action is just as creative and crazy as the first one. All the sword fights, shootouts, hand-to-hand action and even a really amazing car chase scene in the middle of the movie. And the effects look great. Nothing really special, but still it's really great. The comedy is still there and there are some jokes here that I almost died laughing from. Especially, as I said, the references because there's tons and I loved it. Also, on that comedy note, this movie may have the best end credit scene I've ever seen in a movie in my life. Once you see it, you'll know what I mean. And the big part of this movie that was being promoted in the trailers that the movie was building up to was this was going to be a movie that sets up the X-Force. And I loved that aspect. In particular the actual scene when Deadpool is getting them all together. We saw the way it's done in the trailers, but done even funnier in the movie. This movie also tries to make a connection between Deadpool and Russell, and, on the emotional side of the movie, along with that connection they're trying to make, this does try to make scenes that are actually are emotional and not just some funny scenes, and I enjoyed almost all of it. Some of it didn't land for me and it got a bit too much and they didn't work for me. And, on that, I'm just gonna talk about my problems with the movie, a few other emotional scenes didn't work for me. Some did, but not all of them. Another problem I have is that there are a few moments in this movie that felt like a bit of a rehash. There's quite a bit of scenes in this that reminded of the first movie, and even other movies out there, which is weird for a Deadpool movie. And probably my biggest issue with the movie is that there's a couple of scenes that felt like a drag. I think this movie's runtime coulda been trimmed down a little bit. All that being said, I still had a blast with this movie and, as I said, it has the best end credit scene I've ever seen in a movie. I would highly recommend seeing this movie, even if it's not as good as the first one and it's not really anything that special. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think. Okay, now we're getting into the spoilers, if you don't want anything ruined, go watch it and then come back and read this.
Spoilers:
Okay, so there's not a lot to really spoil about this movie, but I'll just go over the spoilers. First I want to talk about that big twist that happens in the opening, that being that Vanessa dies. Yeah, I seriously didn't see that coming, and it actually was pretty sad. The scene that I probably laughed the hardest at was probably when Wade had small legs for a few minutes, although, that's one of the things I meant when I said rehash because that's just like when with his hand in the first movie. Still though, it was funny, especially when he was walking. The X-Force coming together was great, especially Dopinder getting angry about it. I also loved the scene where Wade and Russell were in prison, that was a nice scene and it was funny. I especially loved Cable asking Wade for help and him turning good at the end. The scene at the end that I said I didn't really love was when it looked like Deadpool was going to die. That whole scene, was definitely funny, but I thought it wasn't that good a scene,e even though it was obvious he wasn't going to die. Another thing that made me laugh was when the X-Force all just died when they were all landing except for Deadpool and Domino. That whole scene made me laugh so incredibly hard. I thought it was cool that Juggernaut was in the movie. And here, while not entirely comic accurate, he was done a whole lot better here than in X-Men: The Last Stand. It was also pretty sad when we learned about Russell's past, the fact that he was experimented on and he was out to get revenge. And finally, I wanna talk about that awesome end credit scene. The part when Deadpool basically when back and killed the Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and then killed Ryan Reynolds himself as he was writing the script for Green Lantern. That whole part was amazing. Easily the best end credit scene I've ever seen. And so, that's really all the spoilers. And so, everyone, that's my review for Deadpool 2. Thank you all for reading, I hope you liked this and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment