Tuesday 29 May 2018

My top 10 anime arcs

When it comes to anime shows out there, there's bound to be tons of different anime arcs. And so, I decided to count down my top 10 favourite anime arcs from various anime. Also, quick thing to mention, some of these I've talked about before and some of them will be different from before and that's for the same reason as a lot of things like that that I've spoken about before. The more I think of something, my idea on the whole thing can change. Also, I'm not including the one anime only rule here. So, expect all that as you're reading. Anyway, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Duelist Kingdom (Yu-Gi-Oh!):

Starting us off at number 10 is the first real arc from Yu-Gi-Oh! After Pegasus kidnaps Yugi's grandfather's soul, he holds a duelling competition in an attempt to steal the Millennium Items, especially Yugi's Millennium Puzzle. From there, we get tons of duels and side stories like about Joey's sister and how he wants to help her, but there's also another one with Kaiba trying to save Mokuba. I love the build up in this one and how everything keeps progressing with each duel. And I especially love what happens during the ending with Yugi and Atem vs. Pegasus. There's even some pretty emotional scenes with Yugi losing to Kaiba and trying to keep Atem under control.
9. Edolas (Fairy Tail):

When it comes to Fairy Tail, Edolas has always been my favourite storyline, or arc in this case. I always found it to be the most fun, imaginative and most enjoyable. Yes, there is the Grand Magic Games, but I prefer this just a little bit more. I already explained why in my top 5 Fairy Tail storylines list. Recently, as I've been getting more Fairy Tail anime DVDs, I've been able to watch more and more of it so I know what the stories in them are. I don't have all of them, but I'm getting there. And, yeah, Edolas so far has been my favourite arc in it and one of favourite anime arc. Again, just read the list I just mentioned for me to explain why it's my favourite.
8. Marineford (One Piece):

Now we get into One Piece. This and the next One Piece entry you'll see were a bit of a toss-up for me, but, for number 8, I decided to go with the time Luffy attempted to save Ace from execution. After Ace was defeated by Blackbeard and captured for execution, Luffy got all the help he could to try and rescue him. Along the way, a lot of things happen, there's him meeting up with Hancock for help, tons of action, old characters returning and the big epic finale. And not only does it have all that, it also has the saddest moment in the show so far when Ace sacrificed himself to save Luffy from Akainu. Despite all of Luffy's efforts, Ace met his end with one last tragic goodbye.
7. The Leaf's Pain (Naruto Shippuden):

Was there any doubt that Naruto would make the list? And the first one on this list is the Leaf's Pain, also known as Pain's Assault. After Jiraiya's death, Naruto travels to Mount Myoboku to learn Sage jutsu to avenge him. During this time, the different Pains attack the Leaf Village and leave it in ruins. Naruto then returns and fights them but accidently releases almost all of Kurama's power. He then meets his dad Minato who helps him which also helps Naruto defeat Pain and find Nagato. And from there we get some really heart-filled emotion, which is exactly what the series is about and this is Masashi Kishimoto's writing at its finest. This showed another one of Jiraiya's students and showed how similar he and Naruto truly are.
6. Water 7 (One Piece):

When it comes to One Piece arcs, none of them have been as entertaining or as famous than the time Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates declared war on the world government to save Robin's life. Just this clip here should show how awesome it is and it has my favourite Luffy line ever.
Once it happens, it's a lot like the Marineford one where a lot happens with tons of awesome fight scenes and a great representation of who Luffy really is. It also introduces Luffy's Gear Second and Third.
5. The Sasuke Retrieval Mission (Naruto):

In part 1 of Naruto, the real last storyline with the Sasuke Retrieval Mission has always been my favourite and one of the most entertaining anime storylines I've ever seen. After Sasuke leaves the village to find power from Orochimaru, it's up to Naruto, Shikamaru, Kiba, Neji, Choji, Gaara, Kankuro, Temari and Lee to get him back. With each member of the Sound Ninja Five that the other's fight, the more it looks like they're getting hopeless, and it all concludes to a great ending with Naruto vs. Sasuke at the Final Valley.
4. The Metarex Saga (Sonic X):

Now we get into another different anime out there, that being the entire Metarex Saga from Sonic X, A.K.A, all of season 3. Yeah, this is another great arc in my opinion and one of the more enjoyable anime arcs I've ever seen and maybe one of the best anime finales I've ever seen. When Chris appears in Sonic's world, they all have to team-up again, even with Eggman, to take down the evil beings known as the Metarex. They also encounter a new friend named Cosmo. I personally find all the characters had great arcs in this season alone and I personally got wrapped up in the drama. I also just really loved the character dilemmas here, mainly 'cause I thought the characters themselves are so good. I also loved the journey and the different planet they went to and it was fun with them trying to find the Chaos Emeralds. And then the ending was perfect in my opinion with them all back and it's a nice happy ending. What can I say? I guess you could say that old saying, "I guess I'm just a sucker for happy endings."
3. The Frieza Saga (Dragon Ball Z):

Easily the most famous anime arc ever created, the Frieza Saga on planet Namek is exactly what Dragon Ball Z, or just anime in general, should be like. While I may have said before that the Kid Buu Saga was my favourite Dragon Ball Z saga, I changed my mind recently and went back to the Frieza Saga considering it's more enjoyable and has some of the most famous anime moments of all time. There's a ton of iconic moments in this too numerous to count. Vegeta's sadness and death, Frieza's slauter of the entire Namekian race, the fight with the Ginyu Force, Frieza's amazing villainous charm and, of course, the most famous anime moment ever, Goku becoming a Super Saiyan for the first time. There's never a moment of let down here and it's impossible to be bored with it.
2. The Fourth Great Ninja War (Naruto Shippuden):

Coming in close to number 1 is the ending arc for the entire Naruto story, that being the Fourth Great Ninja War. I still stand by that this is the greatest ending for Naruto. I know this one has some haters and some people think that it was underwhelming. But I never saw that. I always saw it as an amazing ending with so many people getting fleshed out along the way and a lot of other spectacular moments happening. And not only that, but I also love how everyone had something to do. And that's hard to do considering there's a ton of characters in this. And there's a lot of other exciting things here like all the Hokage coming back, everyone fighting the Ten Tails, the Divine Tree being created, Madara almost killing Naruto and Sasuke, Obito being revealed and then turning good, Team 7 being reunited and fighting together, Black Zetsu being revealed as the manipulator of everything and the resurrection of Kaguya. There's just so many amazing moments and I loved every moment of it.
Honourable mentions:
The Soul Society (Bleach),
The Grand Magic Games (Fairy Tail),
The Kid Buu Saga (Dragon Ball Z),
The Destruction of the Leaf (Naruto),
The Cursed Island (Fairy Tail),
Tournament of Power (Dragon Ball Super)
And my number 1 favourite anime arc is... The Promised Day (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood):

And finally at number 1 is the epic finale to the incredible anime series Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the Promised Day. It's honestly kinda hard to say whether or not Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood actually has arcs in it because it almost kinda feels like it's all one big story itself. I know the same can be said for every anime considering it is all one story, but with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it feels a little different. Still though, I do still believe the Promised Day as a 'whole is an entire anime arc and it's my favourite anime arc I've ever seen. It has every character we've seen from the show, minus one or two, coming together to fight Father and stop him from what he's planning. And the entire thing is probably the most epic thing I've ever seen in an anime. I mean, the entire series as a whole has so many amazing moments, but I would say that this has the best moments. And there's never a boring moment. It's all really epic, but it's also funny in parts, emotional and everything you could ever want in a show like this. And everything required to make my number 1 favourite anime arc ever. And so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 10 anime arcs. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think, or, if you like anime, please comment your favourite arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment