Saturday 2 June 2018

My top 10 other favourite Sonic The Hedgehog songs

So two months ago, I made a list of my top 10 Sonic songs. But I felt kinda bad for leaving some other songs on it so I decided to make a continuation of that countdown with the same rules and all that. And they do still imply here. This'll be like some other ones I've made where this is like a countdown from number 20 to 11 and the rest is in the first list I made. Also, the same song and music choices are allowed to. This isn't just a song one. Actual pieces of music can be included here too. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Race To Win (Sonic Rivals 2):
Starting us off is one of the stage songs of Sonic Rivals 2. Actually, it's the stage song for the first one you go to. It may be really short, but it's still incredibly awesome sounding. Not the best sounding song, but still, it's pretty cool. I also really like how it goes on without stopping, especially if you watch it on repeat. I have it on my iPod and I have it on a 10 minute loop.
9. Reach For The Stars (Sonic Colours):
Like a lot of the songs you'll see on here, I only recently just got into this song. Again, like a lot of the ones you'll see on here, I heard about them from a ton of YouTubers talking about them and I got curious to hear them and so I did. And I loved a lot of them. And starting us off with those kind of songs is Reach For The Stars from Sonic Colours. It's a great sound with great instruments and it's sung by the best Sonic composers and song writers, Crush 40. The song itself sorta describes a bit of the song with the whole colour feel to it.
8. Escape From The City (Sonic Adventure 2):
Another song I discovered recently, when I first heard this song, I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but as I listened to it more, it grew on me more and I thought it got a lot catchier. It also fits the level it's playing over. It's when Sonic is running through the city trying to avoid being caught by the authorities. And the songs just gets me pumped up from listening from the very first lyric that's said. It's almost kinda hard to explain, but there's something about the time it came out in that I feel sorta makes it a tad bit better to me.
7. Live Life (Sonic And The Black Knight):
Next up is the ending song from Sonic And The Black Knight. This is easily one of the more soother and calm songs when it comes to Sonic. And it does a magnificent job doing what it's supposed to. It's also kind of a refreshing song to listen to after a huge battle with Merlina. It also perfectly fits the scene it's playing over and it has great uses of instruments. I actually only recently listened to the lyrics properly, but I still liked it before with a bit of its instrumentals.
6. With Me (Remix) (Sonic And The Black Knight):
This is the only remix Sonic remix song that I actually think is better than the original. I haven't heard them all, but this is my favourite so far. I know the original With Me song, but Crush 40's version of it is a lot better to me. It just sounds a lot more epic, it has more weight to it and it great to listen to when in boss fights. I know the original is used during the final boss of Sonic And The Black Knight, but when I looked it up on YouTube, it sounded a lot better. As well as that, it just sounds really cool and I love its sound.
5. I Am All Of Me (Shadow The Hedgehog):
Out of all the Sonic songs out there, this is definitely one of the darker ones. Or maybe even the darkest. And it perfectly fits the character of Shadow. It's dark, it's kinda rougher in a way in the way it sounds and it captures what he's trying to do in the game. Trying to discover his past and do whatever it takes to find it. While the game may not have been very good, or really even good to begin with, the music was pretty good, or really just this one for me, and I really like it.
4. Knight Of The Wind (Sonic And The Black Knight):
When it comes to Sonic songs out there, this is apparently one of the more overused ones as I've been told. But it's still a rocking song, especially as it just keeps going and going. It just keeps getting more and more lively, I guess you could say. That same thing can be said for a lot of Sonic songs, or really any song ever, but, whatever. But from the opening guitar sound, it just keeps going and I love it especially towards the end of each chores, especially the "I'm the Knight of the Wind" part towards to end of them.
3. We Can (Sonic Heroes):
In Sonic Heroes, all the teams got their own theme song and the one for Team Sonic is my favourite. I didn't really like any of the team songs in that game, but this is the one exception. It really fits the character of Sonic and the team he had with him. It's also just really fun to hear and great to explain what the message of the game is, that with friends by your side, you can overcome any obstacle. That's what I got out of it anyway and hopefully that'll be what you'll get out of it too. But even besides that, it's a lot of fun and definitely my favourite team song from Sonic Heroes.
2. Gotta Go Fast (Sonic X):
I feel like I should have put this somewhere on my original list. I mentioned before in my top 10 anime opening list that this was one of my favourites and, yeah, I still stand by that. I recently learned that some people kinda find this song to be kinda annoying, but I personally love it. I know, I'm not best person to take an opinion from, but I just really love the song, the show and the entertainment I get from the show. And this song is just one part of that. It's really fasted paced and it never gets annoying for me. I just love this song so much and I'm never gonna dislike it.
And my number 1 other favourite Sonic The Hedgehog song is... My Destiny (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006):
And finally at number 1, or 11 in this case, is the end credit song from Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, My Destiny. I honestly have no idea what people's thoughts on this song are, but, personally, I love it and think it perfectly fits with what this game is and the character of Elise. That may not be saying much considering people don't like this game or the character of Elise, even though I really love both. My favourite part is during the 1:29 mark where the line "The meaning of my destiny" is. I mean, there's a lot of great lines from this song in my opinion, but that part may be my favourite. I love it and I think the rest fits the mood of the game too. All in all, I love this song and it's definitely my number 1 pick for my 11th favourite Sonic song, in fact, it may even go up a little bit higher than that. And so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 10 other favourite Sonic The Hedgehog songs. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think, or, if you like Sonic too, please comment your favourite song.

No comments:

Post a Comment