Saturday 23 June 2018

My top 5 anime voice actresses

So last year I made a list of my favourite anime English dub voice actors, so, this time, I'm counting down my favourite English dub actresses. Yes, if you've seen my first list, then you know which one will be on he here, but I wanted to talk about the other ones that I really like and think do phenomenal performances with their characters and some of them may have made just what they were in a lot better for me as a result. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. Eden Riegel:
Starting us off at number 5 is a voice actress that hasn't done a huge amount when it comes to anime dub, at least yet anyway, but I've loved her performances in all the ones I've seen her in like Rurichiyo from Bleach, Yuna from the Stitch anime and Sara from Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower. (Also, just kind of a thing I wanted mention related to that movie, while in my ranking of the Naruto movies, I put it low on the list, after watching more, I've definitely enjoyed it more and I'd place it higher on the list.) And Eden's performances have always been top-notch and there's never a moment where I'm bored listening.
4. Laura Baily:
Laura Bailey SDCC 2016.jpg
Next up is a voice actress who takes on tons of different characters in anime. Just a small handful of them are Trunks and Dende from Dragon Ball Z, Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood, Kushina and Anko from Naruto, Conis from One Piece and a whole lot more. Like another person you'll see on here, she plays a variety of different characters and a lot of them are caring, friendly and likeable characters.
3. Monica Rial:
Monica Rial.jpg
Another actress who's done a lot of voice acting for anime and a lot of writing for it too. But when doing the voice acting for it, she's done a wide variety of characters like Mei Chang from Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood, Bulma from Dragon Ball Z Kai and Dragon Ball Super and Maya from Neon Genesis Evangelion. And that's a tiny amount compared to the other huge amounts she's done over the years.
2. Colleen Clinkenbeard:
Young, dark-haired voice actress Colleen Clinkenbeard
Coming in close to number 1 is probably the most famous anime dub actress ever, Colleen Clinkenbeard. And there's a good reason why she is. She's done so many roles and she always goes for the tough woman-like characters in anime like Temari from Naruto, Erza from Fairy Tail, Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood, and, probably her most famous role of all is her amazing performance as the Straw Hat captain himself, Monkey D. Luffy. And given how much screaming Luffy always does, that's an amazing job already.
And my number 1 favourite anime voice actress is... Maile Flannigan:
Maile Flanagan speaking into a microphone
And finally at number 1 is my favourite English dub performer of all time and the one who voices my favourite anime character ever, Maile Flannigan who voices Naruto. While it's kinda weird to pick a person from just one performance, but I can't help it, I just really love Maile as Naruto and the voice she has for him is the best English anime voice I've ever heard, which is really saying something considering there's a lot of them. But I'm still going by what I said before and Maile Flannigan as Naruto is my favourite dubbed voice ever. And so everyone, those are my top 5 favourite anime voice actresses. Thank you all for reading, I hope you liked this and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me who your favourite is.

No comments:

Post a Comment