Tuesday 13 November 2018

My tribute to Stan Lee

So this is something I've never really done before, but it's something thought would be a good idea to make. As I'm sure you're all aware of by now, the legend himself, Stan Lee has passed away at the age of 95 and so many people have been making videos and tributes about already in the past 12 hours. And so I decided that I would do my own. Given how Stan Lee is practically the most iconic and famous person in comic book history, and one of my person real-life heroes, this is extremely heart-breaking. Stan is the person who created so many amazing heroes and villains and some of the famous of all time. The man himself was also a very kind person who knew how to use his imagination. And, really, he's been a main inspiration for so many people, including me. We've all imagined so many heroes and associating them to be like the ones from Marvel and like the ones that Stan created. I may not have ever thought of Daniel Danger. And Stan had a great personality with this fun charisma to him. I've seen so many interviews with him and he's accomplished some really amazing feasts in his life. To me, he's also a true Disney legend as well. He's been counted as being a part of Disney for a long time and I couldn't agree more. Given how Disney has been talking about him lately, it's hard not to understand. But his characters were all also so creative and interesting and different. He did so many of them at Marvel. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, Black Panther, Groot, Ant-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and so many icon villains too like the Green Goblin, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Kingpin and so many more. He's done all this and he's a guy who reminds me a lot of Walt Disney in a way, in the sense that he's a man who made so many characters, and he's also someone who sorta made a bet with the company back when it was shutting down. I watched something last year that said Marvel was gonna shut down back in the day, but then he created so many characters, that they decided to keep it open with the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, Spider-Man and so on, and that's a lot like Walt Disney in a way. Plus, even if you weren't a comic book fan, everyone knew who Stan was, and you'd even know who he was whenever you went to see a Marvel movie due to his cameos in the movies. I made a list of my favourites last year and he was in so many of them. Not only that, but so many Marvel actors and workers, Disney, Marvel workers and even DC have all contributed to his death. So many actor have already gave their thoughts and said their goodbyes. Chris Evans has even led a tribute for him and a lot of Marvel actors have spoken about him on Twitter like Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland, Chris Evans, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds. You should check them out, they've said a lot of great things about him and I don't blame them. Stan himself has left a great legacy that I know will go on for so many years. I know for a fact that will never be another person like him and I thank him for creating some of my favourite characters of all time.
And so, I say, rest in peace Stan Lee and thank you for all the great things you've done. "EXCELSIOR."

No comments:

Post a Comment