Sunday 28 September 2014

The Black Cauldron

I have very mixed feelings about The Black Cauldron. People say that this is probably one of the worst Disney films ever but I don't know about that. I mean I do agree it's probably a bad movie but I still found a little entertainment in it but not really that much. What's the story? It's about a teenage boy named "Taren" who wants to be a warrior hero. Except he's much more talk and much less do. And boy I mean really, really talk I mean I can't remember one second of this movie where I didn't hear him talk. And voice is annoying. He barely even does anything in this movie. The main thing he does is praise himself and that's it. Even his design is weird. Anyway, he's looking after this pig named "Hen Wen" who has the ability that whenever you put her head in water she can see the future. Apparently there's this evil demon known as "The Horned King" and he wants to kidnap Hen Wen so he can get her to look into the future to see if she can lead him to the "Black Cauldron." The Black Cauldron is a devise that can bring dead people back to life and create an invincible destructive army. Along Taren's journey to protecting Hen Wen he comes across a princess. And in my opinion, making her a princess is absolutely stupid. Why!? Because we see absolutely nothing that has to do with her being a princess. The name is the only thing she's got and that's it, nothing else. O.k so let's look at the characters. Taren is incredibly annoying. He barley does anything, he's egocentric and he's a complete wimp  in some scenes. There's also this really annoying and weird comic relief named "Gurgy" who's design is really disgusting. And he has one of the most annoying voices ever. Even The Horned King at first I thought he looked really cool. Even his introduction was cool and creepy. But his voice ruined it for me. He barely does anything either. So yeah I've said a lot of bad things about this movie and while it does deserves to be called bad I will say there is so tiny fun things in it but aside from that this movie is just bad and in my opinion I'd definitely skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment