Sunday 28 September 2014

The Fox and the Hound

When I was a kid The Fox and the Hound was one of the rarest movies I could ever see. I mean I did watch it a few times when I was little and I did like watching every time but it was a bit hard to get a hold of it and watch it. So now year later I actually found t to be pretty good. What's the story? A little fox's mother get's killed and then the fox is founded by an old lady an she takes him in. Unfortunately she lives right next door to a hunter who's the exact same person who killed the fox's mother. The hunter has a dog and adopts a little puppy named "Copper." One day when the fox named "Tod" is playing around he sees Copper and they immediately become the best of friends despite the fact that everyone is telling them they're going to be the worst of enemies in the future. But they keep playing and having fun and getting into trouble. That's not until the Hunter takes Copper and the other dog away for a long, long time and he becomes a professional hunting dog. And the woman decides she can't hold onto Tod anymore and let's him go in the wild. Copper tells Tod the friendship they once had can no longer be and through an accident with a train Tod injures the other dog and Copper vows revenge. So now the two of them are out to get each other and see who'll come out on top. The story is pretty good particularly with the setup. Tod and Copper themselves aren't bad, they certainly have very unique personalities. Actually they are jut like real kids except the fact that they are both animals. I actually found my favourite characters were the side characters. They're funny and they have their own form of identity. The hunter is the villain and while he isn't bad villain he is pretty boring and a weak one. However I will say he does get his redemption at the end. Actually yeah, the big scene after a really intense climax is a really good payoff scene. However I would say this movie is hat good. I mean I'll admit it does have some flaws especially when I think some scenes could be stronger. For example, when the dog is hit by the train I kept wondering why didn't he die. In opinion this movie would of been a lot more powerful if that dog died. However as a film I thinks it's O.K. I don't it's fantastic or spectacular but it's alright. I definitely say take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment