Friday 27 April 2018

Avengers: Infinity War

And so everyone, we're finally here at the ultimate one. The movie that has been built up for the past 10 years and my most anticipated movie of all time, AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. This is a movie that has gotten everyone excited. And this film has so far gotten fantastic reviews from critics and it's got a great score on Rotten Tomatoes. And so, with all that, I walked into the theatre super, super, super, super excited. More excited I had ever been for any movie before in my whole life. I even rewatched all the DVD released M.C.U movies to be prepared for it. And so, what did I think of it? ... Well... while I don't know if I can necessarily call it perfect, yeah, this pretty much lived up to all my expectations and exceeded a lot of others I had that I didn't see coming. And yeah, like always, this will have no spoilers to begin with and then I get into spoilers. Expect this to be pretty long because there's a lot of things to talk about. And so, what's the story? Actually, there's only one thing I'm going to talk about when it comes to the story, and that being the most obvious thing, the fact that Thanos has finally arrived trying to collect the Infinity Stones and the Avengers have to try to stop him. And that's all I'm going to say because every second had a new surprise and there's a lot of surprises that I don't want to talk about until the spoilers. This is a movie that is finally bringing together characters that have been set up for this humongous event for the past 10 years and Marvel has done an amazing job doing that with showing these characters and their personalities and showing just how fun they all are. Given how this is directed by the Russo Brothers again with handling so many characters in one movie, I can only imagine how hard it much have been to do this because there's a lot of things going on here. But they do a fantastic job of giving every character here something to. There's not one character here that's side-lined. And speaking of the characters, the cast here is so incredible as to be expected. There's not one cast member that isn't phenomenal here. Everyone does a really great job and the amount they have to balance in order to put this all together is terrific. Speaking of which, let's answer a huge question that people have been asking, "Is Thanos a good villain?" Yeah, he's a fantastic villain. Not only for the obvious reasons that he so strong and big, but he's also super scary in points and incredibly intimidating. They more than delivered when it comes to his character and Josh Brolin did an amazing job with the performance. And when it comes to scary things in the movie, there's a lot of those and this is a really dark movie. Probably the darkest M.C.U movie ever. It's, of course, very funny and the characters interacting is super enjoyable and fun, but this is definitely a dark movie. There's a lot of things in this I didn't expect to see in an M.C.U movie. And like I said the characters interacting in this is the best part of it. I love how this movie understands these characters so much and they act the way you'd expect them to with a lot of great lines being said. And the actual dynamics with the choices of teams with these characters is perfect, the writers picked the perfect teams because everyone works off each other perfectly with fantastic banter. And when the action scenes are there, what can I say? It's just the kind you'd expect when it comes to an M.C.U movie. The action is almost nonstop. In almost every second, there's a different type of action scene. I loved how they cut them with the way they were all presented. And the new type of things they have here are incredible like the new Iron Man armour, which might actually be my favourite Iron Man armour to date, the new fighting techniques the characters use and even all the new technology they introduce. It's all exciting and I can't wait to see this franchise continue. Although, without spoiling anything, I have no idea what they're going to do next after what's happened with the ending. I'm not gonna lie, this movie's ending was so sad and so surprising that I kinda teared up a little and people around me in the theatre were crying. I'm not even kidding. People were actually crying in the theatre. Now, as far a small quick negative I have with the movie, or not even with the movie, it's just a little something I want to mention, given how this movie does have so many characters with them all having things to do, sometimes it can be a little rushed. I can't really blame them because there's a lot of things to do in this with a lot of characters and it's a 2hr and 40min movie. And they do a great job with filling that run time. I was never bored once while watching it. That small part there is all I wanted to mention. So, I'm pretty sure I don't have to say this, but Avengers: Infinity War is fantastic. I would say they more than delivered with this movie and given the ending to the movie, I can't wait to see what they do next with it. And I don't know what they're going to do now that it's happened. Yeah, I am 100% recommending it. And so everyone, that's my review for Avengers: Infinity War. Thank you all so much for reading and I had a great time talking about it, and please comment down below to tell me what you think. Okay, now we're getting into the spoilers. And this is going to be long because there's a lot of spoilers to talk about.
Spoilers:
So first I wanted to address one thing. The question everyone's been asking ever since it was announced, "Where is the Soul Stone?" Well, when Gamora finally tells Thanos, I had no idea that was going to happen. I like that no one could guess where it was. And probably the biggest surprise for me was when we saw Red Skull again. If you remember, he was beamed into space by the tesseract, or Space Stone if you prefer, and seeing him back here was really surprise. And, during that scene, Thanos kills Gamora in order to get it. The whole scene where she dies had my mouth wide open. And it was great to see more of the Guardians with the Avengers, especially when Thor, Rocket and Groot try to get their new weapons. I thought it was awesome to see Peter Dinklage. I had heard he was going to be here and I liked seeing him. It was awesome that Groot helped make Stormbreaker. I also found it funny and cool that Thor got his eye back when Rocket gave him a new one. And then when the three of them stepped into the battle on Wakanda, that was a point where me and the entire audience were cheering. I'm not kidding. I especially loved the scene where Bucky and Rocket teamed up. That was so awesome and it brought the funniest part of the movie in my opinion when Cap said "I am Steve Rogers" to Groot. I loved seeing the new Iron Spider armour and they used it in some really amazing ways. Tony actually almost dies when Thanos stabs him, which I kinda thought was gonna happen. I actually thought this was the movie that killed Tony, but now, that doesn't happen. I actually thought the number 1 person that was going to die was Cap. I honestly thought he was going to be the main person to die. But, no, he doesn't. I thought the opening was awesome with Thanos attacking the Asgardians. He also killed Loki and Heimdal. I thought it was kinda sad that we never saw Korg. I guess Thanos killed him too. And, yes, I do think Loki is actually dead this time. I actually thought Loki was going to betray Thor again and try to steal the Tesseract to try to barging with Thanos to let him live. But, no, he dies in the first few minutes. Also, this is just what I think, but I think Hulk didn't come out because he was scared of Thanos after he beat him up in the opening. I liked seeing the flashback of Thanos taking away Gamora and I especially loved the scene where the two of them inside his ship when they were talking. The scene where the Guardians, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Doctor Strange fought Thanos on Titan was amazing. I loved it, and it was really sad when Thanos talks about how he killed Gamora and tried to attack him, but doing that screws that up and Thanos gets away just as the others were about to get the Infinity Gauntlet off him. And then, finally, let's talk about the biggest spoiler of them all, Thanos gets all the Infinity Stones after ripping the Mind Stone out of Vision's head and when he snaps his fingers, almost everyone dies. I don't even know what to say about that. I was just not expecting that and when it happened, I was honestly let kinda traumatised. It was so sad to see everyone just disappear. That was the scene that people were crying at in my theatre. And, yeah, I actually did kinda tear up a little when it happened too. And that's what I meant when I said I have no idea what they're going to do now. It feels like there's no hope anymore now that almost everyone's gone. And then there was the end credit scene. This movie only had one and it showed Nick Fury and Hill going somewhere but then they're disappearing and we even get a Captain Marvel tease. In case you don't know, Captain Marvel is coming out next year along with Avengers 4. And, like I said, I don't know what's going to happen in Avengers 4. I just really want to see where the franchise goes next. And that's really it. Everyone, thank you all so much for reading. Like I said, I had a great time talking about this movie. Thank you all again and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment