Friday 27 April 2018

My top 10 funniest characters in the M.C.U

With me seeing Infinity War later today, I thought I'd look at the previous movies in the M.C.U and talk about my favourite comic relief characters. This isn't just going to be the side-characters, it's more the characters that I feel were the funniest. And this has a lot more than the characters themselves, it also has to do with the actors or actresses playing them as well as the writers for them. And so, with that out of the way, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Ant-Man:
See the source image
Starting us off at number 10 is Paul Rudd as the shrinking superhero, Ant-Man. Not only does the character have a lot of heart, but his comedic timing and fantastic delivery made him unbelievably funny with his kinda bumbling personality at points but also from his kinda off the wall comedy by being in a weird situation like when he "ruined" Hope and Hank's bonding moment or when he was in training against Hope.
9. Iron Man:

I know, it must be weird that I put Tony Stark at number 9 considering it's Tony Stark we're talking about, but I personally find some other characters even funnier than he is. Still though, if you know Tony Stark in the M.C.U, or comic books in general, then you know how he is. He's funny, quippy, fast-talking, smart-aleck and he takes every chance he gets to say a smart comment about anything. He's also hilarious when it comes to interacting with some of the other Avengers and coming up with some of the most hilarious material on the spot.
8. Falcon:
See the source image
Next up is Anthony Mackey as Falcon. This guy was not only one of the main new characters for the Winter Soldier, but he was also the funniest part of that movie and has continued to be a great comic relief ever since. You want an example? Just watch the first few minutes of the movie with him and Steve, especially when they're running. And given how he's been a great comic relief in the previous movies, I can't wait to see what kinda funny scene he has in Infinity War.
7. Spider-Man:

Another character that many people would probably put higher on their lists, but, again, there are just some other characters I find to be even funnier. But still, the M.C.U's version of Spider-Man is, not only the most comic accurate, but he's also the funniest with finding the perfect time to make jokes and quips during his crime-fighting. And all of it together make a hilarious version of the character that I can't wait to see more of. Not just because of the fact that I love this version of Spider-Man so much, but also because he's super funny and I want to see what they do with that next.
6. Wong:
See the source image
Next up is the library guard from Doctor Strange, Wong. One of the weirdest parts I find is that this guy says he's not very humorous and doesn't laugh that much, and yet he's one of, if not the funniest part of the first Doctor Strange for me. Just the banter he has with Stephen is so much fun with some amazing lines that I laugh at a lot. He's also super likeable and I have a lot of excitement to see him with the other Avengers later on today.
5. Drax:
See the source image
While all the Guardians of the Galaxy members are hilarious, the one I find to be the funniest and most enjoyable is Dave Bautista as Drax. Just the very out loud hilarious lines he gets makes him so unbelievably funny and likeable, but he's also hilarious when it comes to his kind of people, as Rocket said "His people are completely literal, metaphors are gonna go over his head." And they do and whenever we see that, it makes everyone laugh out loud a lot. But also in the second movie, he was the funniest part of it and he got so many fantastic moments.
4. Shuri:

At number 4 is T'Challa's younger sister who was introduced in his solo movie two months ago, Shuri. In my review for Black Panther I mentioned how Shuri was the funniest part of the movie for me. And I still believe that. She was hilarious. Especially the "WHAT ARE THOSE" scene. If you've seen the movie, then you know what I'm talking about. And not only that, but she had a ton of other great scenes as well that made me and a lot of other people in the audience laugh really hard. And with all of that, I can't wait to see what she does in Infinity War.
3. Luis:
See the source image
Do I even need to explain this one? While the movie Ant-Man may not be a super special movie, the one biggest advantage it had was Michael Pena as Luis. While the character had a lot of great moments and lines throughout the movie, I think we can all agree what the best part was. The scene where he was dubbed over the people talking.
And the character of Luis is super likeable, friendly, fun and I cannot wait for more of him in the sequel in a few months. Hopefully we'll get even more of him there.
2. Ned:
See the source image
Coming in close to number 1 is the best friend to the M.C.U's version of Peter Parker, Ned Leeds. While this version of Ned is nothing like his comic book counterpart, that makes it even better because we got a sort of fresh and more likeable and enjoyable version of the character. This version is hilarious, friendly, never annoying and has great interactions with Peter. Not only do you totally believe their friendship, but also just their interactions at time can be some of the best moments in the whole film.
And my number 1 favourite comic relief from the M.C.U is... Korg:
See the source image
And finally at number 1 is the main comic relief rock creature from last year's Thor: Ragnarok, Korg. Thor: Ragnarok was an attempt to make an even more comedic film for the M.C.U, even more than the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and it succeeded in my mind. I don't know if I can say it's perfect, but it's definitely one of the most fun Marvel movies ever. And one of, if not maybe the best and funniest part of the movie for me was the director Taika Waititi as Korg. Just the very random thoughts he always came up with made him super enjoyable and lovable and hilarious. I also love how we didn't really see him in the marketing so no one really knew anything about him. Obviously there was that ad that showed him and Thor about Mjolnir, but, aside from that, no one knew anything about him. And all the better for it because that meant we got to see him and be surprised with whatever comedic scene he was in. And it was great to see him interact with the others and even just when he was introducing himself to Thor and Heimdall. And all that is why Korg is my number 1 favourite comic relief in the M.C.U. Thank you all for reading, please comment down below to tell me what you think and look forward to the big one coming later, my review for Avengers: Infinity War.

No comments:

Post a Comment