Sunday 1 April 2018

My top 10 Sonic The Hedgehog songs

So my last entry was my top 15 Kingdom Hearts songs and pieces of music. However, the reason I thought of that was actually because I thought of this originally. I thought I should talk about my favourite game soundtrack before I spoke about this because it made more sense that way. And so now, I'm going to be talking about my top 10 favourite songs and bits of music from Sonic The Hedgehog. Making this list was actually easier to do because I've been thinking about it a lot and I've been listening to a lot from the Sonic soundtrack for a while. There's so many pieces of music from Sonic that gets me really pumped up and make me want to start running really fast and start imagining adventure. That might sound really weird, but I love doing that. It always gives me energy. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Fight The Knight (Sonic And The Black Knight):
Starting us off is the King Arthur boss fight music from Sonic And The Black Knight. While this game itself may not be anyone's favourite Sonic game for very strong reasons, and it's certainly not one of my favourites, the actual music in it is, mostly, really good. And my favourite is the song playing over the boss fight against King Arthur. Well, not the real King Arthur, but, if you've played the game, you know what I'm talking about. And this song is so cool. It's only three lines said once and then repeated, but the actual lyrics in the song are so cool and great to listen to.
9. In The Forest (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006):
Now we get into the actual music parts of Sonic the Hedgehog. As I said before, I personally think Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 has the best Sonic soundtrack ever. It might not sound a lot like Sonic if you were to ever think about it, but the actual soundtrack itself is so fantastic. And the of the soundtrack from that game that's on this list is In The Forest. This is played over the scene when Sonic and Elise are talking in the forest by that flower tree, also, that whole scene itself looks really great. And, with that, the music accompanying that scene is amazing and sounds really beautiful.
8. Live And Learn (Sonic Adventure 2):
One of the earlier Sonic songs I've ever heard and really got into was Live and Learn. I remember first hearing this song when it played in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I then began to listen to it more regularly. It's not exactly one that's super memorable when it comes to anything besides the chores, but it's all still great to listen to listen to. And, really, the best I can say about it is that it's fun to listen to given how great the lyrics are. And even now, I still love having it on when I'm doing running myself.
7. Sonic Heroes Theme Song (Sonic Heroes):
When listening to this song as a young kid, I remember being invigorated by it. And even now, it's still a great sound. Just like a lot of other Sonic songs out there, it only keeps getting better the more it goes. And I especially love the end part where it sorta gets louder and we see Metal Sonic in it. If you've seen the game's intro, then you know what I'm talking about. And I love how this song actually has an association with Sonic. It's not some random song that doesn't mean anything to the game itself. This one is talking about Sonic and it makes it all the more better in my opinion. I love when theme songs do that.
6. Running Through The Plains (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006):
Another bit from the Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 soundtrack is Running Through The Plains. This is played when Sonic and Elise are going back to Soleanna when their on a hill or a field. The whole thing sounds really nice at the start and especially at the 0:31 spot. I always listening to that part in particular whenever I listen to it because it sounds great. And given the scene it's playing over, as in that spot I just mentioned, it makes that part even better for me in my opinion, and I hope you all felt that way when you heard it too.
5. Parade: Past Memories (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006):
At number 5 is the actual last bit of music from Sonic '06, Parade: Past Memories. After Elise blows out Solaris and time goes back, we see the Festival of the Sun again and this beautiful music plays over the whole scene. Just like all the others I've mentioned, just the sound of it is amazing and I love it. I especially love the very end of it. I don't know what instruments they used for it, but the people using them sure do know how to play them. And together, they make a fantastic ending scene music piece.
4. Just Smile (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006):
The last Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 music on this list is Just Smile. This is just like the other '06 music I've mentioned and this one is particular is my favourite from that game. It's super peaceful sounding and it perfectly fits the scene it's playing over. It starts off really nice peaceful and it sorta stays that way throughout the whole thing, but it's still amazing to hear from start to finish. This is the actual non-battle Sonic music I've listened to the most because it's such a great experience for the ears, if you know what I mean.
3. Endless Possibilities (Perfect Dark Gaia) (Sonic Unleashed):
Next up is the final boss music from Sonic Unleashed against Dark Gaia. Or really Perfect Dark Gaia. And this is probably the most epic Sonic music I've ever heard. It's a battle instrumental version of the song Endless Possibilities and the entire thing is epic to hear. Remember how I said I love imagining scenes of my own with Sonic the Hedgehog music playing when I'm out running? Well, this is probably the one I use the most, along with the next two you're about to see. But this one is truly amazing in my opinion. Just the sound of it is epic and there's never a minute when I'm bored. It's so invigorating listening to it and I love the way it keeps building and it makes me so energetic when I do hear it.
2. What I'm Made Of (Sonic Heroes):
Coming in close to number 1 is another final boss song, What I'm Made Of. It was kinda hard for me to decide which one I liked more, this one or the ending music of Endless Possibilities against Dark Gaia. But, I decided to go with this one because this one, I sorta feel, gives me more exhilaration whenever I hear it. As well as the fact that it's so much fun to listen to with it's amazing uses of instruments and how fast paced it sounds. As I said before, I love to imagine scenes whenever I listen to a lot of these Sonic soundtracks, and this is one of the biggest examples of that. This is played over the final boss of Sonic Heroes against Metal Sonic. Sonic is in Super Sonic form and he has Tails and Knuckles with him and this song is over the whole fight. I love it so much and it sounds so amazing. And the funny part of it is I only recently began listening to it a lot and it quickly became one of my favourites.
And my number 1 favourite Sonic song is... Endless Possibilities (Sonic Unleashed):
And finally at number 1 is another song I could consider to be one of my favourite songs of all time, Endless Possibilities. Again, it was kind of a toss-up with this one. I was sorta wondering which should be number 1, so I just listened to all my Sonic soundtracks on my iPod and this is the one I personally enjoy listening to the most. This is actual real version of the song Endless Possibilities, as appose to the other which was a more upbeat and epic instrumental version. But this actual song version of it is another song I might consider to be one of my favourite songs ever. It just sounds so awesome. It's the end credit song for Sonic Unleashed and it's the perfect choice. The singing in it is fantastic and the music going along with it is also really amazing and impressive. I don't even really know the best way to describe it. I just love how the song sounds and how exhilarating it also sounds. I don't know what else to say about it. It's just so good and so amazing and so enjoyable to listen to. And all that is why Endless Possibilities is my favourite Sonic song. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or, if you like Sonic, please tell me what your favourite Sonic song is.

No comments:

Post a Comment