Thursday 29 March 2018

My top 15 Kingdom Hearts songs

One of the many amazing and great things about Kingdom Hearts is the phenomenal music that's in every game. The music and songs in Kingdom Hearts is some of the best I've ever heard. As I said before, Yoko Shimomura is my favourite composer, and with the Kingdom Hearts series, she outdoes herself every single time with the music and I feel the same way for Hikaru Utada, as in the singer. They're both so talented with what they do and this series wouldn't be the same without them. Also, like some of my other entries like this before, I'll be showing the clip and then talking about it. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
15. Roxas' Theme:
Starting us off at the list is the main theme for Roxas. A lot of the characters have their own themes, and one of my favourites is Roxas' theme. I love how great the sound of it is and just how well it's used in so many of the scenes. I would say it's used the best in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days when he was lying on the ground after his fight with Riku and Xion was telling him something in his head about her, him and Sora. I'm not gonna lie, thinking of that whole scene and this music in it kinda gets me a little emotional inside.
14. Xion's Theme:
Sure, this theme was only used one and that was towards the end of 358/2 Days, but it was used really effectively. During the scene where Xion is disappearing, this music is played and it's really emotional and sad. Obviously, the scene itself is really sad, but this music makes it even sadder from the way it sounds. But it a nice sound and I love how it does sound. It's at its best at the start for me, but the rest is still great to hear and I love how emotionally effective it is.
13. Don't Think Twice:
Next up is actually the next theme song for Kingdom Hearts 3 that we got in the trailer in February. It's short and I doubt this is the full song, but, from what we hear from it, it sounds great. I can't wait to hear what the full song sounds like. Just from this short version of it though, again, it sounds great and I can't wait to see how it sounds like in the actual game. I don't think it's as good as Simple and Clean or Sanctuary, but, it's still great to hear.
12. Naminé's Theme:
Something that a lot of these Kingdom Hearts tracks are great at are making pieces of music that's really soothing and calm and just really nice to listen to. And Naminé's theme is no exception. Just the sound of it is so calming and peaceful that it's something that could be played for any calming session.
11. Riku's Theme:
I think I mainly pick this theme due to a memory I have with it when I was at a family member's house playing Dream Drop Distance and I was watching the part when Riku was looking for Sora in the World That Never Was. It's not even a sad memory or anything like that, but I get emotional every time I think of that with that great scene and this music playing over it. I love the great sound of it and I love how it's used in scenes like the one I just mentioned and also in Kingdom Hearts 2 when Riku goes back to normal.
10. Treasured Memories:
I actually don't remember that many cases of this one being in the series that much, the only time I actually do remember it being used was Roxas' "dreams" at the beginning in Kingdom Hearts 2. Just what's being shown in those scenes along with the voices and this music being played over it made it stand out especially for me. I love how it all blends together so well to make something that's phenomenal to me.
9. Vim and Vigour:
At number 9 is the first battle music in the series. Obviously combat is what the series is best know for to a lot of people, and music plays a huge part in that. This one in particular is played whenever you fight against certain enemies in the series. I think it's kinda smaller villains in the series. Whatever it is, it always sounds great with some thrilling sequences taking places in a lot of the fights when it plays. I love the energy in it and how it feels like it never lets up.
8. The Encounter:
When it comes to battle music in Kingdom Hearts, the Encounter is my favourite. Every bit of it is amazing. Just the sound is good enough, but I also love how it keeps building and building. Especially around the middle part. It plays whenever you fight against any Disney villains like Hades, Jafar, Oogie Boogie, the Spirit of the Magic Mirror, Scar, Maleficent and so many more. This is how to do an epic hero vs. villain battle music. It's huge with intensity in the music and I can't get enough listening to it.
7. Sora's Theme:
At number 7 is the theme for the main character in the series, Sora's Theme. Being the big star of the series, Sora deserves a huge sounding theme and it delivers with it sounding like something huge has happened to him. I think I like it the most in Kingdom Hearts 2 when he wakes up in the pod. But there's other great uses of it too, like when he gets his new outfit from the fairies or when Riku find out he's awakes inside Yen Sid's tower.
6. Kairi's Theme:
Another one of the Kingdom Hearts themes that sounds peaceful and fitting for the character is Kairi's theme. And this theme perfectly embodies Kairi's personality as well. Sweet, gentle and caring. The uses of this theme is genius like the scene with Sora and Kairi together at the beginning of the first game and then seeing Kairi again for the first time in Kingdom Hearts 2. I think, again, the best part of it isn't how great it is, which it absolutely is, but also just how well it describes the character of Kairi in a way.
5. Simple and Clean:
Probably the most famous song in the whole series, Simple and Clean is a great beginning song for the series. While I may have said before that 0.2's version of this song was my favourite when I heard it in the trailer for 2.8, I recently went back and listened to the original a lot more and it got even better for me. I love how it starts off with it having a mysterious start with the lyrics and it keeps going with some more engaging lyrics. Although, I'm really curious to know what people's first reactions were when they first saw this opening with this song. I mean, the opening of the first game just showed Sora falling from a lot of things and seeing Riku and Kairi. It didn't show anything in terms of story, it's like it showed some strange visuals, so I'm curious to know what people's first impressions were with that. But, aside from that, the song is a great one with great lyrics and terrific bits of music in it.
4. Sora's Sacrifice:
Probably the biggest surprise in the first Kingdom Hearts game was the scene where it looks like Sora sacrifices himself for Kairi. And when it looks like he has, it's accompanied with this amazing music. Music like this makes me wonder how Yoko Shimomura is such an amazing composer if she can do tremendous work like this. It's incredible at the start with the choir and then it's followed with fantastic work on a piano and then the choir again at the end. I like to imagine scenes of my own even going along with this scene a lot.
3. Ven's Theme:
When it comes to character themes in Kingdom Hearts, Ven's theme is my favourite. I loved this but of music the first time I heard it. Again, like a lot of the other pieces of music I've talked about, I love the sound of it and how well it fits in so many scenes in Birth By Sleep. Even in some of the other games in the series when we hear it like in Dream Drop Distance.
2. Dearly Beloved:
Coming in close to number 1 is probably the most famous Kingdom Hearts music and the most relaxing music I may have ever heard. And, yeah, it sounds amazing. It's in the main menu of every Kingdom Hearts game and the result chart of every game as well. My favourite version of the opening one is the one I just showed you all in Kingdom Hearts 2. It's a lot of other people's favourite from the series. And, while it's not my personal favourite, I can easily see why and I totally imagine it being used in real-life scenarios, as weird as that might sound.
And my number 1 favourite Kingdom Hearts song is... Sanctuary/Passion:
And finally at number 1 is, maybe, my favourite song of all time, Sanctuary/Passion. The reason I say it like that is because it's called Sanctuary in the English version and Passion in the Japanese version. I'm also including both of them because they both sound great and I love them in the opening version and the end credits version. I listen to this song all the time and the lyrics along with the music are amazing. Just this song alone should show why Hikaru Utada is such a genius and an amazing singer. There could not of been a better choice for it. I also love the music that plays after the end credits version. It makes it feel so huge and epic. It's also like with Simple and Clean where the lyrics are so well chosen and it creates something this incredible to hear all the time, which I almost always do. I honestly couldn't pick a better song to choose as my favourite song of all time, and all that is why Sanctuary/Passion is my favourite Kingdom Hearts song, and my favourite song, of all time. Thank you all so much for reading. I had a great time talking about all of these and I can't wait to hear what Kingdom Hearts 3's music sounds like. I hope you all like these and please comment down below to tell me what you think, and, if you like Kingdom Hearts, please comment to tell me your favourite song or piece of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment