Sunday 23 September 2018

6 Mission Impossible movies ranked

So, the Mission Impossible franchise isn't exactly a series I've grown up with and is more of a series of films I've been interested in seeing for a while and actually got into recently. I'm not a mega fan of it, I either love or like the ones that are actually good, but, I don't know if I can say I like the franchise as much as some other people who are really big fans of it. Still though, the ones that are good in this series are really, really great... mostly. Also, this will have spoilers for the most recent one, so I'd recommend seeing them first and then reading this. Anyway, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
6. Mission Impossible 2:
Starting us off at number 6 is the 2000 sequel to the original Mission Impossible movie. When this came out, it obviously had a lot of that whole sequel problem of being not as good as the original and having a lot of really stupid moments in it. And by stupid, I mean laughably stupid. They obviously wanted to make Ethan Hunt more of a charming, handsome guy who's a bit of a playboy, which is kinda hilarious with the way they do it. The plot is also just really stupid with so many dumb moments here and there. There's the really bad music, action, editing, directing and characters. Honestly, there's like a billion things I could talk about that are stupid in this, but it would probably be too long. You get the point, it's really stupid and has nonstop bad things in it.
5. Mission Impossible 3:
After a kinda huge disappointed with Mission Impossible 2, J.J Abrams was hired to direct the third movie to sorta help the franchise. And, yeah, I'd say he did a decent job. It wasn't anything special, but it does have some pretty cool moments and easily the best villain in the franchise with Philip Seymour Hoffman as Owen. He's definetly the best part of the movie, but there also some other things in it too that are kinda interesting like Ethan Hunt having a wife and some of the interactions. I actually like the fact that Ethan has more of a character here and I like that we learn more about him. The only downfall is that it's not very special and I don't really remember much about it apart from the villain and one scene on a bridge. J.J Abrams directing is really good, but it's still not super memorable.
4. Mission Impossible:
The movie that started this entire franchise back in 1996. I only first saw this recently, and I was curious for a few reasons like how it's a really famous movie and how I've heard a lot about it. And, while I may not have been able to follow everything because it is a pretty complicated story, I still had a lot of fun with this. This was really Tom Cruise's big staring role. This is probably the character and franchise he's most known for doing and he's great here. So are all the other cast members like Ving Rhames and Jon Voight. The movie's also uniquely and beautifully directed. While it may seem kinda dated at parts, it doesn't really matter because the rest of the movie is pretty fun.
3. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation:
So after a really successful sequel with Ghost Protocol, the fifth entry into the series had quite a lot riding on it. And for a fifth movie in a franchise, it's pretty impressive. In my opinion, this is probably the most overrated movie in the franchise. It's really good and really well made, but I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else did. Still though I really enjoyed it and it has some really great moments and great action scenes. I especially loved the motorcycle scene and it has some pretty funny moments. Rebecca Ferguson was a great new addition to this and the rest of the cast does a fantastic job. I think the opening isn't all that great. I'm not talking about the plane scene, that was cool, I mean afterwards. It only really got better for me during the final third of the movie, especially the climax. There's also a lot of tense scenes in this that I thought worked.
2. Mission Impossible: Fallout:
Coming in close to number 1 is the most recent Mission Impossible movie from this year, Fallout. I was actually thinking about seeing this because of what I had heard about it and also because I had seen the fourth and fifth movie beforehand. And this movie total delivered on it. I was so surprised with how much I like this movie. It has some of the best moments in the whole franchise and it has some of the best action scenes I think I've ever seen, especially a fight in a bathroom, which might be one of the best action scenes I've ever seen. The cast is also fantastic and the stunt work is amazing. It also has another amazing action scene with a helicopter scene. The movie's also really suspenseful and has a lot of stakes in it. My heart was literally pounding throughout the entire finale. It's also really well directed and there were so many great shots in this. It's one probably in my opinion in the opening. It's just something the characters do when they leave the plutonium behind. I'm not gonna lie, that kinda frustrated me. Besides that though, it's a great movie and I like that we got to know more of the characters again.
1. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol:
And finally at number 1 is the fourth Mission Impossible movie and easily the most entertaining one in this whole series so far, Ghost Protocol. This movie is actually what really got me into the franchise. It was on one night and I watched it with my dad. I ended up thinking that it was really entertaining, which it really is. This is probably the most fun Mission Impossible movie with amazing scenes in it and really unique scenes in it. Like the last one though, it's one problem is that the villain is really bad. Probably the worst in the whole franchise. He's a very boring villain, though, thankfully we don't spend much time on it and it more on watching Ethan and his team. Tom Cruise is of course great here, so are Simon Pegg, Paula Patton and Jeremy Renner. I thought it was also interesting to have a movie where, basically, none of their tech works. It all breaks and I thought that was interesting considering the franchise is about a lot of technology. There's also really great action scenes in this like the carpark scene and the building climbing scene. And, really, this is just the most fun I've ever had with any Mission Impossible movie. And so everyone, that's my ranking of all 6 Mission Impossible movies. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think, or, if you like the Mission Impossible movies, please tell me how you'd rank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment