Saturday 5 December 2020

My top 5 male anime characters voiced by actresses

So, one of the many things I find impressive about English dub actors or actresses in anime is when they can make their voices sounds like characters of the opposite gender. I always find it impressive when so many of them are able to do that and it helps make some of my favourite English dub performances and some of the best ever. So, I'm gonna count down my top 5 favourite actresses who have voiced male characters. I have definitely spoken about most of these a hundred times already and it's probably getting old just saying these over and over, but I still wanna talk about them as well as some new ones I've never talked about before. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. Maxey Whitehead/Alphonse (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood):
Starting us off at number 5 is the second voice for Alphonse Elric, Maxey Whitehead. While Aaron Dismuke may have voiced him in the original Fullmetal Alchemist series, my personal favourite voice for him is Maxey Whitehead in Brotherhood. Not only does she do a great job giving Al a great voice alone, but she also does an amazing job making him sound like a super fun and likeable character. And what I also love is her fun dynamic with Vic Mignogna as Ed.
4. Erica Mendez/Gon (Hunter x Hunter):
Next up is the main character and actress of Hunter x Hunter, Erica Mendez as Gon Freecss. Gon was actually already voiced by Elinor Holt in the original version of Hunter x Hunter, but there's no denying Erica Mendez is definitely the superior voice for him. She not only does a great job with portraying him joyful side, but also with his darker and serious side. Which is pretty integral given how Gon can be kinda brutal and dark sometimes. And when he displays his anger in instances like in the Chimera Ant arc, Erica does a great job showing it. And even before that, throughout the entire rest of the series, she was doing a great job as him.
3.  Cristina Vee/Killua (Hunter x Hunter):
At number 3 is the voice for the young assassin, Cristina Vee as Killua Zoldyck. While Erica Mendez is fantastic as Gon, the one I find more impressive is Cristina Vee's performance as Killua. I was honestly surprised when I found out Killua was voiced by a woman because her voice sounds so convincingly like a boy's that it's practically unrecognisable. I've heard what her voice sounds like normally and so it's incredible how she could make her voice sound like the way it does. And, really, just the different emotions she displays  is great and her interactions with the other cast members is just as fun and impressive.
2. Colleen Clinkenbeard/Luffy (One Piece):
Coming in close to number 1 is the English voice for the Straw Hat captain, Colleen Clinkenbeard as Monkey D. Luffy. Okay now we're getting into the ones I've spoken about before. This is all pretty much exactly the same as I've said before. Overall Colleen Clinkenbeard is just the perfect choice for Luffy. She perfectly captures that kinda crazy side of him but still making him super fun and likeable and never being annoying. She also does a great job capturing that childish side that makes Luffy so much fun to watch. Plus, they've begun dubbing One Piece again after a while. They announced they were last year and now they have and Clinkenbeard is still amazing as Luffy and I can't wait to see her during the Dressrosa arc, which I really hope they do soon.
And my number 1 favourite male anime character voiced by an actress is... Maile Flannigan/Naruto (Naruto):
And finally at number 1 is the one I'm always talking about when it comes to best anime dub actor or actresses, Maile Flannigan as the number one hyperactive knuckleheaded ninja, Naruto. I really don't know what else I can say about this considering I've placed her at number 1 in similar lists like this before, but I guess I can mention this. I recently watched an interview with her about when she got the part and it's pretty cool. And given how the voice sound pretty much on point with how Naruto would and should sound in English, especially given his design and personality. And, really, and personally, I think this is the best anime English voice ever. I know a lot of people don't really like it, but I love it and think it's a great voice that fits the character perfectly. And all that is why Maile Flannigan as Naruto is my favourite  male anime character voiced by an actress. And, so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 5 male anime characters voiced by actresses. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment