Friday 11 December 2020

New Marvel and Star Wars announcements

So, last night, we got a whole bunch of new announcements for more projects to do with Disney working on Marvel and Star Wars and it's kinda insane with the amount of announcements we got. We got a huge amount of stuff announced and I'm so excited for all of it. So, first, let's go over all the Marvel announcements. So, the first thing is that it's announced that the Fantastic Four movie has gone into production and Jon Watts is gonna be the director. I'm honestly amazed by that considering Watts has been the director of the M.C.U Spider-Man movies and now he's also gonna be directing the M.C.U Fantastic Four movie. But it's an amazing idea. He's done an amazing job with those movies and so I have complete faith that he can do this well too. Plus, it'll just be awesome to see the Fantastic Four in the M.C.U finally. So, yeah, I'm so excited for this. Black Panther 2 is also scheduled to be released in July 2022. I'm definitely excited for this, though I'm curious to know who's gonna play T'Challa now that Chadwick Boseman has passed away. I'm sure whoever it'll be will do a great job, I'm just curious to know. We also got the title announcement for the third Ant-Man movie, Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania. The biggest bit of news about this is that Kang The Conqueror has been announced as the main villain, so I'm really excited for that and I'm hoping this movie will be like Thor: Ragnarok because the past two have been fun movies, but they're not really some of the best in the M.C.U, so I'm hoping this'll do what Ragnarok did and be the standout one that's a complete blast to watch. So, I'm still extremely excited for this. Captain Marvel 2 is also announced to be released on November 11th 2022. Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this, though I'm hoping they'll be able to make an improvement over the first. I personally do like the first movie, but a lot of people don't and it's not like I can't see why. But I'm hoping they'll make it more exciting. So, I'm still looking forward to this. We also got a whole bunch of Disney+ news like Armour Wars which will be centred around Rhodey trying to stop some enemy of Tony's from getting his hands on some of Tony's tech. So, that's an interesting idea for a show and the fact that it sounds like it'll put more enthesis on Rhodey is really excited. I've always loved Rhodey in the movies and so having his own show is really exciting. And we also got the announcement of an Ironheart show which will star Dominique Throne as the title character. I don't know much about Ironheart, but this could be really cool and could be a cool way of still having some Iron Man in the M.C.U. Then, the show I'm most excited for is Secret Invasion, which will centre around Nick Fury and Talos. I'm curious about this because the Secret Invasion story centres around Skrulls invading the planet and disguising themselves as heroes. But the Skrulls we've seen in the M.C.U are actually good guys, so I'm curious to know how that'll work. And the final announcement for the shows is that Abomination will return in She-Hulk. That's cool. I thought Tim Roth did a good job in the Incredible Hulk and so I'm excited to see what they do with him here. We also got a whole bunch of trailers for things we already knew about.
Now, let's move onto Star Wars. The first is that Andor from Rogue One will be having his own show. That's cool. I mean, the biggest problem everyone has with that movie is that the characters weren't fleshed out at out and were just these action guys who we didn't know about. So having a show revolving around one of the key characters of the cast members could make the experience of the movie more enjoyable. Next is the Bad Batch show. I'm kinda torn about this because the Bad Batch were pretty cool in the seventh season the Clone Wars, but I did occasionally find their part a little boring. But I'm still excited. I'm sure they can do a lot of cool things with it if they make the characters really enjoyable and likeable. So, yeah, I'm not very excited to see this, but it could be cool. Next is The Acolute. I honestly don't know what this is. I don't know what it is in the Star Wars story and I don't know if this will be a show or a movie, but it's gonna be on Disney+ as well, so I don't know what it's about. But it at least sounds interesting, so I'm curious. We also got the announcement of an animated series called Visions. This'll be a bunch of short films and it'll be done by anime creators. That aspect alone has me really interested and excited. It'll be out next year and I think it might be showing different moments in the Star Wars franchise because on Twitter, it says it "celebrates the Star Wars galaxy through the lens of the world's best Japanese anime creators." So, I guess that means it could recreate different moments in the franchise in animation. But the fact that it'll be done by anime creators does have me pretty excited. We also have a movie coming out in 2023 called Rogue Squadron and Patty Jenkins will be the director. We don't know anything about this yet, but the fact that Patty Jenkins is doing it makes me optimistic. Another thing is a show called Rangers Of The New Republic, which will be set at the same time as the Mandalorian. I think this will focus around those guys who show up in the Mandalorian a few times or it could just be a new thing entirely. I don't really know, but it sounds like a cool idea so I'm pretty excited to see what else happens around the time of the Mandalorian. And finally, the one I'm most excited for, we're getting an Ahsoka show. Ahsoka was recently in the Mandalorian: Season 2. I was hoping to save revealing that until I did my review of the season, but now that this has been announced, I had to say it here. Like I've said a lot already, I love Ahsoka and she's one of my favourite Star Wars characters ever. And her appearance in the Mandalorian was amazing. Her episode was definitely my favourite episode so far, Rosario Dawson did an amazing job as the character and seeing her in live action was a dream come true. So having a show all about her and seeing what she's up to will be really interesting. It hasn't been announced when it's happening, but I'm still super pumped for it. And, that's really everything. Overall, all these announcements have me so excited for the future of these franchises and I can't wait to see all of them. And, yeah, everyone, those are all the new Marvel and Star Wars announcements from last night. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment