Sunday 12 July 2020

My top 5 manga with the best art

So, one of the best parts about a lot of manga is the art that the artist does for it. A lot of the time, manga art is some of the best art I've ever seen, or at least some of my favourite. A lot of this has to do with being beautifully drawn, well thought out, amazingly detailed and so on. And a lot of that could also be attributed to the fact that they could include great backgrounds or do great with shading or shadows with the pages. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. The Seven Deadly Sins:
SDS Anime vs Manga | Seven Deadly Sins Amino
Starting us off at number 5 is Nakaba Suzuki's Seven Deadly Sins manga. The artwork in this honestly what caught me the most when I first saw it. Like what you'll see with another one here, some of the earlier art came across as a little off in my opinion, but that quickly improved. And what I love the most about the art here is the way Suzuki uses the design of the characters in the different situations in terms of action scenes or anything like that. But the amount of detail he put into the pages which makes the crazy stuff feel even crazier is a lot of fun. Given how the series is pretty over the top with what it does, it has a lot of great art to show it.
4. My Hero Academia:
Japan's Superman: My Hero Academia and Individualism in a ...
This is something that stuck with me ever since I started reading My Hero Academia last year and that's that the art in this feels like it's top quality from the very beginning. For most manga and manga artists, the art in them usually gets to top quality some time later and that's when the arts stays like that and is where it's at its best. But for this, while you could say that for this, in my opinion, that's prevalent from the start of this. From volume 1, Kohei Horikoshi's art looks top tier from the beginning. And, like I said in my review of the series last month, I find it really impressive how Horikoshi is able to do this incredible in a short amount of time given how quickly these volumes come out.
3. Yu-Gi-Oh!:
List of Yu-Gi-Oh! characters - Wikipedia
I mentioned this last month for my review for Yu-Gi-Oh, that the amount of detail and structure that Kazuki Takahashi does for the manga is really incredible. His style really seems to make his characters look kinda pointy and angular. But that doesn't get in the way of how much amazing detail and attention he puts into the pages. I mean, yeah, the early work looks kinda weird nowadays, but, like what I said before, that improves considerably as it keeps going. And Takahashi himself even went to Egypt himself for research when he was doing the manga to help get a feeling and idea of what everything should look like and it shows. He definitely put a lot of effort in this and it's really impressive how much detail there is.
2. Death Note:
top 5 death note manga panels :3
Coming in close to number 1 is manga that I originally saw as number 1 until recently. But Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's manga is still something that's a feast for the eyes. Just about everything to do with Obata's art is incredible here. The structure, the deigns, the lighting, the shading, the shadowing, the detail, the shapes and everything combines to make absolutely gorgeous artwork. And this is kinda like what I was saying for Kohei Horikoshi's art, but his art quality is pretty much consistently amazing from the beginning and it continues with so many amazing panels and all sorts of great moments.
And the number 1 manga with the best art is... One-Punch Man:
See the source image
And finally at number 1 is ONE and Yusuke Murata's One-Punch Man. In all honesty, pretty much everything I said for Death Note applies here. The design of the characters and the different things like shading and different things in the background of the pages help make this manga series so incredible to look at. The reason I put this over Death Note though is because I feel like there's more detail here. Given how absolutely crazy the series is, it's like what I said with The Seven Deadly Sins, it helps that it's aided by phenomenal art. Especially in volume 6 where there's a huge picture that takes up two pages showing a map. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to draw something like that and then even replicate it for another page. This is probably my favourite manga with shading. The amount of effort there is with that alone is really unbelievable. And, yeah, you should just see the manga yourself to see how great the art is. And all that is why I feel One-Punch Man has the best art of any manga. And so, everyone, those are my pick for my top 5 manga with the best art. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment