Wednesday 10 December 2014

My top 3 Santa Clauses

This list is going to be counting my favourite Santa's from movies I've seen.
3. The nightmare before Christmas: Granted, this Santa doesn't get much scene time in the film but for the scenes he did get, I really liked him. The main character is a skeleton named "Jack Skeleton" who kidnaps him to take over his job. Then 3 evil kids named Lock, Shock and Barrel bring him a bag of bugs (literally) named "Oogie Bogie" who just toys with this Santa. Oogie Bogie is the villain of this movie. Besides all that the Santa here does seem to be a loving and kind one who may at times seems a bit grumpy, but can you blame him, he's being kidnapped and being held hostage. He's a great one.
2. The Santa Clause: This movie is a Disney version and it has a really good Santa in it. He's played by Tim Allen who also played Buzz Lightyear and he hits just the right mark in this roll. He looks the part and he does do his best to try and make every Christmas a good and happy Christmas. I'd say I personally enjoy him the most in the third one, which is also one of my most favourite Christmas films ever.
And my number 1 favourite Santa Clause is...Arthur Christmas: This film delivers to us a kind and loving Santa where it also creates a great premise around him. This Santa has a really bad memory which show a lot of funny moments. When you watch him you do get the feeling like this is the kind of Santa who's been doing the work the most. At the end of the film he does see that the best thing to do is to give his job to his youngest son, "Arthur." When you see him do it it's pretty heart-warming. Also when there's a sort of quiet scene with him and you can just imagine what he's thinking. I especially like his sweetness and kind moments. He's just a great one. I'd say check this movie out yourself and just see how much of a great performance the actor delivered. For me, he's my favourite movie Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment