Friday 5 December 2014

Tangled

Like I said in my last review I now it's too late to do this review considering that it's a C.G.I movie but I just thought I should do it anyway. What's the story? In a far away kingdom there's a magic flower called the golden flower that can be used to give you eternal youth. But it can only work when you sing a certain song that a witch named "Mother Gothel" figured out. As it turns out she's been using the flower for hundreds of years that is until the queen of the land gets incredibly sick while she's having her baby. So some soldiers are told to find the flower to be used to keep her alive and know that it's gone Mother Gothel loses her ability to keep young. It seems that the flower has been crushed down and has been passed to the queen and kings daughter "Rapunzel." And the power of the flower actually seems to be in her hair. So Mother Gothel kidnaps Rapunzel when she's just a baby and uses the power of her hair to grow younger. This opening is actually a pretty good setup since they do explain everything perfectly in just those few minutes. And the rest of the story is actually pretty good too. Rapunzel grows up into a teenager with her witch mother and chameleon friend named "Pascal." But when a famous thief named "Flynn" enters her tower she knocks him out and tries to get some information out of him. He agree that if she lets him go he'll lead her to this ceremony that seems to take place every year on her birthday. This ceremony is raising a bunch of lanterns in the hope that someday she'll find it and return home. And the rest I'm pretty sure you can easily guess. So the story is actually very creative. The characters are not bad I guess. Rapunzel is a regular sweet, fun-loving and nice princess and she's a good character. Flynn is really funny because of his wise-cracking jokes. Mother Gothel is the villain and she does seem to be a good one. There are some thugs in this who are really, really funny characters. They have a song where they all tell their dreams which is a fun song. Speaking of which, I'm going to be talking about the songs in a second. But no matter what, my two favourite characters are Pascal and a horse named "Maximus." They're both none speaking comic-relief animals who make me laugh extremely hard when ever they're on screen. Now, like I was just saying about the songs, their all pretty forgettable and not fun to listen to, except for the thug song I was just saying. Like I was saying before I was going to compare The Princess & the Frog to this and yeah it's obvious that I'm going to say that the Princess & the Frog is better in my opinion. While the characters in this are good and the animation is impressive, the Princess has everything including those 1000 times better. For this one I do really like. I'd say this is worth a few watches. And everyone those were the 2-D Disney animated movies all reviewed. I hope you enjoyed them and hopefully you can watch these movies yourselves and think of your own opinions on them. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment