Wednesday 3 December 2014

The Princess and the Frog

I know it's weird to talk about this film considering I've talked about it 1000 times. Though I thought it'd be a good idea since I've done a review for a lot of the other Disney films. Remember how before on my top 3 movies that didn't get sequels? Remember how I said there was more to the story then what I told originally said to you all. If you don't remember I'd go back and look at it but if you do remember, here's the upper part of the story. O.K so got up to the part where Tiana was turned into a frog and she and Naveen got stuck in the Bayou and now they're trying to get back to the New Orleans city to turn back to normal and stop the Shadow-man with Louis the Alligator and Ray the Firefly. As that's going on the Shadow-man, as it turns out has a deal with the underworld saying if they can get Naveen back for him and once he takes over New Orleans, they can devour as many souls from people as much as they want. But in order to take control of the town h has to have Lawrence, Naveen's former assistant marry Charlotte, Tiana's best friend, but they need to get Naveen blood into some kind of small talisman that Lawrence is wearing to make himself look like Naveen at a certain amount of time or else it'll all just go away. But as it also turns out Naveen has to be kissed by Charlotte because her father is the king of some kind of parade which technically means she's a princess and apparently Naveen has to be kissed by any princess to break the spell over himself and Tiana. But that has to be done by mid-night on the night it ends or else she's not a princess anymore. But on top of that Both Tiana and Naveen of course begin to fall-in love with each other while trying to help each other through their faults and finally the Shadow-man actually kills Ray by just stomping on him and there's actually a very depressing funeral scene. Now you could say that there's too many details in this story which makes it too complicated and too long to explain or understand everything that's going on, but for me I think it really works and the reasons are because of the characters, the music plus the songs and the execution. It all turns to be brilliantly written. As I've said before, my favourite character is either Tiana, Naveen, Louis or Ray. Really, to me, every character in this movie is just spectacular. Also I've also said before on how I would really love to see a Princess and the Frog world in Kingdom Hearts 3. And like I showed you all, I've made my own plan for a plot that could happen while Sora, Donald and Goofy are there. The songs were composed and written by Randy Newman, my favourite Disney and Pixar composer. The songs in this are just great to listen to. My favourite is the song "When we're human" sang by Tiana, Naveen and Louis. As it turns out all the actors who did the voices for all the characters actually did their singing voices as well. As I've also said in my top 10 favourite movies I said how the Shadow-man is a really great villain and if I found this movie before I did my top 5 Disney villains I definitely would of put him on it. Remember how I said in my last review on Treasure Planet I said how this film was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements and how their my favourite Disney directors because they've directed a lot of other Disney movies I love, they still are. So to finish up I guess my final thought are that this movie is still movie is still one of my favourite movies ever and it always will be. I know this was still technically the last hand-drawn 2-D animated Disney film, I'm going to do one more Disney review. Tangled I know it's too late to do that one but a lot of people lie to compare that movie to this one seeing how they both have a princess in them and Tangled was released right after this one. So join me next and I hope you enjoy this movie because I forever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment