Sunday 30 November 2014

Treasure Planet

This was the other movie the guy asked me about. Before I saw parts of it but I didn't see it all, but just like Atlantis, just earlier I finished watching it and I have to admit, I found it to be a bit more likable than Atlantis. What's the story? Apparently in another universe in the 18th century a little boy named "Jim Hawkings" hears the story of a place called "Treasure Planet," which is an actual planet full of treasure. Years go by and Jim is now a teenage delinquent, always getting into trouble and surprisingly, he's feeling bad that his father left. No I'm serious, when he was young, his father just left for no reason and never came back. Anyway, he finds an alien pirate who gives him a treasure sphere thing that shows them where Treasure Planet is. Jim comes across one of his mothers friends named Doctor Doppler and he suggest that they find a ship and crew and go find it. The captain is a cat-lady alien named "Captain Amelia." The cook is named "John Silver." There also a robot named "B.E.N" and a little transforming glob of goo named "Morph." So what's good about this movie? I actually really like these characters. They aren't really anything new but it's the execution that makes me like them. The animation is another thing I should bring up. It's really well done, and also it's more brighter here than it is in Atlantis. There's also a lot of sci-fi designs and while they do look cool, there was about one or two of them I didn't like. John Silver is the villain of the movie, but to be fair he's a very likable villain. Before they find out he's a bad guy himself and Jim get to know each other more and afterwards he refuges to kill him once the cover is blown. Even the relationships between the characters are pretty great. Also, this film was directed by "Ron Clements and John Musker" my two favourite Disney directors. They directed other Disney films like The Great mouse detective, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules and most importantly, The Princess and the Frog. So overall I think movie is pretty good. It has good characters, good animation and a good story, I'd say take a look at it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for giving it a great review! I'm happy that you're not one of the many online critics that said this movie is mediocre or just
    plain bad! And I'm glad that you didn't criticize the film's setting because a lot of people that have seen this film didn't like it because they said that it makes no logical sense, that they think it takes place in the future, and they don't know what steampunk is! It's like they have no imagination and expect the movie to take place in the exact same setting as the book that this film was based on and inspired by! Anyway, excellent job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete