Wednesday 12 November 2014

Tarzan

When I was a kid Tarzan was one of the darkest Disney films I had ever seen. Why!? Well, let's just look at the story first. A family's ship crashes on an island and now they have to live on their own. The mother and father construct a tree house for them to live in. However a leopard named "Sabor" comes and kills the mother and father just leaving the baby. Coincidently the same leopard kills the baby of family of apes and what a shock the mother ape named "Kala" and the human baby run into each other. The Kala decides she wants to take care of the baby but the father ape named "Kerchak" dislikes the idea but he doesn't stop her. Over the years the baby, who Kala has named "Tarzan" has turned into a man then one day he meets some other people. A hunter named "Clayton," a bumbling professor named "Archimedes" and his daughter named "Jane." Jane and Tarzan run into each other and immediately begin to fall for each other. Tarzan then begins to show her about the animal world and Jane shows him all about the human world, but then the evil villain is discovered. So what's good about this movie. Well for one thing the animation is pretty good and there are a lot of fast paced animation scenes that are really impressive. Tarzan himself is a pretty good character, when he's just being himself and talking normally and with the apes it is really good, I think they got just the right actor for him. Jane is a really good character. Why!? Because they make her incredibly interesting and she's very identifiable. The rest of the side-characters are pretty good but I wouldn't say they're great. Clayton, and I don't think I'm giving anything away, is obviously the villain. He's not bad as a villain but he's a little boring as a villain. Now when I said this was one of darkest Disney movies I'd ever seen it's because, for one thing it has some of the most intense and scariest Disney deaths ever. Especially Kerchak and Clayton's death. Watch this and you'll know exactly what I mean.
Over all this movie is O.K I guess. I'd say it's worth a few viewings.

No comments:

Post a Comment