Saturday 26 September 2015

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace

Yeah I decided to review the Star Wars movies. And I'm looking forward to seeing the new one this December, the Force Awakens. This is said to be the worst Star Wars movie and one of the worst sequels ever said by Watchmojo and Nostalgia Critic saying there's a bad story and not well written characters. And I kinda agree, but I really like this movie. I feel the same as Uncommon reviews SBF when he said I kinda like this movie in his top 14 Pixar movies list. What's the story? Qui-Gon Jinn played by Liam Neeson and Obi-Wan Kenobi played by Ewan McGregor are both Jedi who are after an alien named Viceroy Gunray to stop him from launching his attack on a planet because their plan is to find a queen and make her sign a treaty that will say they're allowed to launch an even bigger attack. They fail to get to him and then decide to get to a ship and get to a planet. When they get there Qui-Gon meets a creature named Jar-Jar Binks, who's considered one of the most annoying characters ever. He leads them to an underwater city. They then go to the surface ad help the queen and other people escape. They try to fly away but they're attack in space in the ship they're using. R2-D2 manages to fix the damaged shield and they land n a planet called Tatooine. There they meet a boy named Anakin Skywalker. While all this is happening two evil Sith lords, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul are plotting to get them, kill them and take the queen. And the rest is way to long for me to say. So let's go over the problems. One thing is the story is really complicated and the characters could of been written a little better. And another problem is that Darth Maul was awesome so I wanted to see more of him. So now I'm gong tell you the things I do like. While most of the acting is bland and kind of stiff I still do think some of the actors do do good performances like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan or Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon, there's just something about his performance that makes Qui-Gon seem very wise. But also, I liked the fight scenes, my favourite being Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul.
So yeah, I still think, despite it's problems I still like this movie. Even the people who don't still say there's at least some good things about it. It has some of good fighting, acting and nice looking planets, I think it's good enough to been seen once.

No comments:

Post a Comment