Wednesday 1 January 2020

My top 5 movies of 2019

And so, everyone it's time again to talk about my favourite movies of 2019. I chose 5 this year again like I did last year because I didn't see that many films this year either. It was kinda hard to rank my top 2 movies because I loved both equally, but I think I put them where I wanted to. And, like I just said, I didn't see that many movies this year even though there were plenty that people really liked and thought were really good. For some of these, I either couldn't get around to seeing them or I wasn't interested like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or Joker. I might get around to seeing them at some point, I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Anyway, let's get started and I hope you all like this.
5. Frozen 2:

Starting us off at number 5 is the newest Disney Classic and the sequel to one of the most famous Disney films ever, Frozen 2. Given how amazing the first film is and how impactful it's been, and with how a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph came out the year before, it was obvious that this film was gonna get a sequel too. And while it's not perfect, or really even amazing, there are a lot of great elements in this and there were a good amount of things that I absolutely loved, but, yeah, there are some messy things in it, and it's not even close to being one Disney's best, but I still had a good time with it and I can't wait to get it on DVD and add it to my Disney Classics collection.
4. How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.

At number 4 is the ending film for this almost decade long running franchise. I always felt like if these Dragon movies had a climatic film, they'd do it this way. And, like I kinda said in my review, that's both a positive and negative. On one side, what happens feels predictable and Grimmel is still a super boring villain. But all the great in it still really great. And as a closure for these Dragon movies, I can't imagine how hard it could have been to think of how to do this properly given how DreamWorks has messed up third movies in a franchise before. There was one other good one, and this is another and it's great to see these characters put in a place that feels right for them. And the scenery and just everything in its detail is still just as impressive as the last two. Overall, a good ending film for this series and it's been a really great ride.
3. Spider-Man: Far From Home:

The first appearance from an M.C.U movie on here is Spider-Man: Far From Home. Given how this was a sequel for my favourite superhero ever and the fact that it was a followup to a fantastic movie like Homecoming, I was slightly underwhelmed by this and it does have some noticeable problems that I mentioned in my original review, but I still loved a lot of elements here. Peter is still amazing here, like he has been every time we've seen him in the M.C.U, the action is really awesome and Mysterio is still a great villain, even if he does go bit over the top a few time. And, again, seeing this superhero in this M.C.U and being part of this world is always incredible to me. And I can't wait for the next film.
2. Avengers: Endgame:

Coming in close to number 1 is the film that might actually be the best film experience I've ever had in a cinema, Avengers: Endgame. And you might be wondering why I say that and it's at number 2. And that's because, upon watching it more, there are some things I don't love and some scenes that're kinda too long, but all the amazing things in this is totally overshadows the bad stuff by so much. The fact that this is probably the most epic film I've ever seen and with it being the combination of so many years and films and with it executing it as well as it does is so impressive. It's so huge and yet it never loses track of the main plot and still makes every scene feel even bigger and all the payoffs that occur make me smile and cheer every time I see it. It was also the first movie this year to make me cry. I could talk about this film for hours, but I'm sure you've all seen the movie by now and know all of this yourselves, especially seeing how it's now the highest grossing film of all time, so I don't need to talk how huge this movie is and why it's so incredible.
And my number 1 favourite movie of 2019 is... Toy Story 4:

And finally at number 1 is the film ended a childhood story for me and is on here for more of a subjective reason. I know a lot of people would place Endgame above this, but I don't think any movie this year gave me this fulfilling of an experience as Toy Story 4 did. With everyone, including myself, hoping that they wouldn't make this because the first three were so perfect, we were all surprised that this was just as perfect and did a fantastic job at closing a lot of character arcs. And everything else in between was done amazing too and was just as funny and emotional. It even had a pretty tragic villain story and it made it the most different Toy Story film and was the second film to make me cry this film. This is also a bit more personal, like I said, mainly due to my love of Disney, Pixar and Toy Story, but the film itself is just so well made and well told that I couldn't help but put it at the number 1 spot. And so, everyone, those are my pick for my top 5 films of 2019. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what your favourite films were in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment