Thursday 7 July 2022

My tribute to Kazuki Takahashi

So, just today, we were told absolutely devastating news that Kazuki Takahashi, the creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, tragically passed away a while ago in a diving accident. I couldn't believe it when I heard it because the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise has been something I've been a gigantic fan of for a long, long time and Takahashi himself has been one of my favourite manga artists for a long time too. It was technically my first ever anime and I've loved the entire franchise ever since the beginning, as you all know if you've seen my reviews the different series. But, yeah, I was crushed when I heard and so I wanted to make this tribute video for him and thanking him for creating something I've been a fan of for a long time, as well as just talking about my huge respect for him and his incredible work. And, what makes it even more heart breaking is the fact that he was only 60 years old, which means he still had a lot of time left and it's crushing that this is after happening, and I'm so glad I've known his work for as long as I have and the fact that it was a Shonen Jump property makes that even more apparent. Anyway, here's the video and I just want to say, rest in peace, Kazuki Takahashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment