Monday 17 August 2015

My top 5 childhood classics

These are movies from my childhood I watch when I was really young and I loved even back then. A couple are pretty easy to guess.
5. Shrek: This is a movie I think I first watch at my house or I watched at my friends, the Mitchell's house. I watched this with my dad especially the most and it's probably one of the most quotable films I watched when I was younger. I remember the 2 of us quoting it a bunch growing-up. And we still do. He still like referencing in most of our conversations nowadays.
4. The Lion King: I remember watching this 10000 time with my family when I was a kid. I had it on video and I quoted this quite a lot growing up. I especially quoted the Hyenas lines to my dad because we both agree they're probably the funniest characters in the movie. But also I remember listening to the CD a bunch as well and singing along all the time.
3. Toy Story: I actually have no memory about how I started loving this movie but I have a guess that I, when I was small, once saw Garry and Niamh, my brother and sister, watching it and then I sat down and watched it with them and loved it.
2. Wily Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: This film was made in the 70's and was named an instant classic. We all know the magical story about a boy who gets a ticket to a chocolate factory and seeing so many bizarre things as they all go deeper into the factory. My favourite thing about the film is Gene Wilder as Wily Wonka. Just due to his elegance, mysteriousness and kindness. It's just a classic.
And my number 1 childhood classic is... Space Jam: This is a film from my past I watched 10000 time both by myself and with my family. Also my friend, Sam Mitchell said he used to watch a lot when he was younger too. Both he and I watch it a good couple time too. As you might know Space Jam is about Michael Jordan  being forced to play basket ball with the Looney Tunes against a bunch of aliens. If you haven't yet, give this movie a watch. It's really impressive and is my pick for my number 1 childhood classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment