Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey

So I've written my Lord of the Rings reviews and you've all read them. I was saying I loved the movies and they're some of my favourite movies of all time like with Harry Potter. And these are the prequels to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. And now Peter Jackson has now completed his Middle Earth with the Battle of the Five Armies that came out last year. And I'll do a review on that when we get to it. What's the story? Bilbo Baggins, played by Martin Freeman is a Hobbit living the Shire. One day Gandalf comes to him and asks him if he wants to come with him on an adventure but he refuses but Gandalf then makes a mark in the door. That night 13 dwarves, including Gandalf as well go to Bilbo's house to ask him again but he refuses again. The next morning he wakes up to see that they left the contract he was supposed to sign if he agreed. After looking at it for a few minutes he signs it and runs after them. They all agree to let him go after and the rest is them trying to find people who can translate a map that they have that could help them get home and reclaim it from the evil dragon named "Smaug." So what's good about this movie? Well the characters are likable, my favourite being either Bilbo or one of the dwarves named "Balin." And we actually see Gollum again since Return of the King. And it's actually nice to see him again after a while. And it shows us how Bilbo got the Ring from him. But we only see him for 12 minutes and I wish we could of seen him for a little longer and we never see him again after this. And that's one of the problems I have with this movie. Another problem I have is that a lot of things that happen really do seem like filler. A lot of that comes from the beginning. One of the things that was good about Lord of the Rings is that there was always something happening but here nothing really happens until after Bilbo leaves his house to go after. My last problem is the redesigns on the Orcs, I don't know, the design on them in Lord of the Ring was perfect and they had the perfect colours but here it doesn't work in my opinion. But aside from that I think this movie is just O.K. There's nothing really spectacular about like Lord of the Rings, but it's not terrible. As it is, I'd give it a recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment