Friday 23 October 2015

Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi

And now we've gotten to the last of the original Star Wars trilogy and my favourite Star Wars movie so far. Maybe when the Force Awakens comes out maybe that will be my favourite Star Wars movie but for now this one's my favourite. What's the story? The empire has begun constructing a new Death Star and the Emperor has come to see. Meanwhile Luke, Leia, R2 and C-3PO have gone to Tatooine to rescue Han who has been frozen in Carbonite and is being held at Jabba the Hutt's palace. Lando and Chewie went there to find him but never returned. Leia manages to get him out but then they're all captured. They get taken to a creature to be eaten but Luke manages to free them all and they leave Tatooine. Luke and R2 go to Dagobah but Yoda is sick and is about to die. He tells Luke that he can only become a true Jedi if he defeats Vader. He then tells him that Vader is really his father. Luke then apologies for leaving while still training. And Yoda also tells him that there's another Skywalker. Later Luke and Obi-Wan talk and he tells him what really happened with Anakin. And he also tells him the other Skywalker that Yoda was talking about was Luke's twin sister and Luke realises that Leia is his sister. The rebels explain about the new Death Star ad Han volunteers to go to a planet called Endor and destroy the shield generator that's protecting the Death Star. Lando and a few others will take the Millennium Falcon and other ships and go destroy the Death Star once the shield is down. Luke comes with Han, Leia and the others to Endor and destroy the shield. Meanwhile the Emperor and Vader talk and they plan on making Luke a Sith. When they land on Endor Leia gets separated from the group. When Luke, Han Chewie, R2 and C-3PO go to look for her, they get captured by a bunch of little creatures called Ewoks. They get taken back to their camps and the Ewoks think C-3PO is a god. They eventually convince them they're on their side and the Ewoks take them to the shied generator. However before they leave, Luke leaves to find Vader because he thinks he can turn him good again and he tells Leia he's her brother. And the rest, you already know. So yeah, this is my favourite Star Wars movie. The main reason I like this film so much and the reason why it's my favourite Star Wars movie is because I really like the story and I like what they do when they get there. And fights between Vader and Luke here are probably the best in the whole original trilogy. Watch.

Another thing I like is the characters are a bit more grown-up. (By the way Leia and Han get together.) Anyway, Luke is still my favourite character. And the other thing I really like is the effects really hold up. The best effects in the movie is in space when Lando and the others are trying to destroy the Death Star. So yeah, that's Return of the Jedi. And in less than 2 months The Force Awakens will come out and I can't wait for it. I hope you all enjoyed my Star Wars reviews and I hope you're all as excited as I am to see the new one, but I doubt it. Next time I'll be doing my X-Men reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment