Friday 30 October 2015

X-Men 2

And now we've come to my second favourite X-Men movie, X-Men 2. It's actually hard to explain why this is so good and is one of my favourite superhero movies ever. What's the story? It opens with Nightcrawler attacking the president but just before he can kill him he's stopped and he teleports away. We then see Logan at a place called Alkali Lake trying to get some answers about his past, but he finds nothing. He goes back to the mansion where Storm and Jean are going to Boston to find Nightcrawler and Cyclops and Charles are going to visit Magneto in prison. There's also a man named William Stryker played by Brian Cox who's already been to see Magneto and ask him about Cerebro. When Charles and Cyclops arrive, they're both knocked out and captured. That night while Logan is sleeping, his memories come and go again. While he goes into the kitchen he talks to Bobby Drake/Iceman, who's also Rogue's boyfriend. As they're talking, Stryker and his soldiers invade the mansion and take 6 students hostage. The other students escape and Logan along with Bobby, Rogue and Bobby's friend, John/Pyro escape themselves. However before they do Logan, and Stryker look at each other. At Alkali Lake, Stryker builds a second Cerebro and uses his son to hypnotise Charles to activate it. Cerebro is what Charles uses to find mutants. But if he concentrates hard enough on a group like mutants he could kill them all and every other mutant on the planet. Logan and the others go to Bobby's house and meet his jerky family and his brother calls the police on them saying mutants are attacking his house. They eventually escape and find Magneto, who's escaped from prison, and Mystique and he explains about Stryker's plan. And again I won't spoil what happens after that. It's actually hard to explain why I like it so much I've been watching it by myself a lot recently. Even Watchmojo put it as the 4th best Marvel movie ever. If I was to rank it on that list I made showing the pictures of my 10 favourites, I would say it would go as my 6th favourite superhero film ever. I also liked Brian Cox as Stryker. I think he's a really good villain for the movie, unlike the actor who played him in Origins who was really boring in my opinion. I really liked Jean a lot more in this film than I did the first one.  My favourite fight scene is Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike in the lab after Logan finds out about his past.
And another thing I like is the ending with Jean saying the same thing Charles said at the beginning of the first movie. And the talk between Logan and Bobby is nice and the fight in the mansion is awesome. So yeah, amazing superhero movie and one of my favourites. Again, I can't exactly say why I love it, I just do. If you have the time, watch this movie, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment