Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Wolverine

Like First Class, I never saw this film until this year. And to be fair, this film isn't really great, but it's not bad, I'd say it's just O.K. What's the story? It takes place after the 3rd movie and Logan has left the mansion and is traveling the world. One night he goes to a pub to find a man who killed a bear. Then a red haired Japanese woman comes into the place looking for Logan. He then goes into her car and they talk. She explains that a man he saved years ago is dying and he asked her to get Logan to say goodbye. She tells him that he's in Tokyo and after talking with her some more he agrees to go see him. When he gets there, the man offers to strip him of his healing ability so he can have a real life but he refuses. That night the man's Daughter tries to kill herself but Logan stops her. That night a woman named Viper comes into Logan's room and steals his healing ability. The next day, the funeral starts and there's a huge fight that's actually really cool and intense. After that Logan begins to take care of the man's Daughter and we get another cool fight on a train. Watch.

And after that, the movie gets boring and predicable. So let's go over the problems I have. Well, the pacing isn't really that good, it can be boring, the ending is really predicable, not every actor is really the best if you know what I mean and another problem I have is that they cut out a really cool scene I'll show you in a minute. So the good stuff. Most of the cast is good, the action's pretty cool and the twist after the credits is really cool. Watch.
And like I said they cut out a scene with Logan on the plane getting his original Wolverine costume from the comics and cartoon. Watch, it's really cool.
I wish they kept it for the rest of the films. So yeah, this film isn't the worst, but it would go in 5th place if I was ranking them all. I'd say check it out, but don't expect I to be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment