Thursday 31 December 2015

Daredevil

I only just decided to do this one. I'm talking about the 2003 movie. I just watched it and I thought I'd do a review of it. Apparently, like I said before, Fox gave the rights of Daredevil back to Marvel and they made a Netflix show of it. And people really, really like that show. It's said to be a really great show. And also Daredevil was created by Stan Lee when a hospital sent him a message asking if he'd do a comic for the blind people at the hospital. And when he did, he was a little worried that the people would be angry at him for making a blind person a superhero. But it turned out, they liked it a lot. And in 2003, a movie was made from it. It was made by Fox who also brought us the X-Men movies, the Fantastic 4 movies, this movie and the absolutely horrible Electra movie. But anyway, this movie is said to be average. A lot of people said it terrible but others say it's not that bad and if you were to ever rank all 12 Fox Marvel movies, they say it would go as number 6. What's the story? A man named Matt Murdock, played by Ben Affleck, is a blind lawyer during the day and during the night he's the masked hero named Daredevil who fights off crime. He's blind because of .getting acid in his eyes as a boy. It also upgraded his other senses like hearing and he's able to see things when it rain and the rain is hitting their faces and he senses the rain with something that happens I didn't entirely get. His father was murdered and he watched as he died. He now lives in a church called Hell's Kitchen. Now as an adult he's hearing about a man named the Kingpin, played by Michael Clarke Duncan. One day he meets a girl named Electra, played by Jennifer Garner. They get together and during another night a man named Bullseye, played by Collin Farrell, kills Electra's father using Daredevil's weapon and Electra thinks Daredevil killed him. So now she vows vengeances against him. And the rest, I won't spoil. So let's go over some of the problems I  have with the movie. Well, firstly, and this is my main problem, there's not enough action in this and the action in some of the fights aren't very impressive. And finally, I wish the climax against Daredevil and Kingpin could of been longer. But some action is cool like the fight between Electra and Bullseye. Now let's go over the things I did like. The cast isn't terrible, some do good performances like Ben Affleck, he's not terrible. And Jennifer Garner is a lot of fun to watch. Michael Clarke Duncan as well makes Kingpin truly menacing. And, this is something I think myself. I think Collin Farrell is really fun to watch as Bullseye. And the story is told pretty good. I mean you can understand it easy. Even the location and the Daredevil suit aren't bad. I even think that twist near the end where Electra dies was pretty well executed pretty good. And another thing, even some people who don't like this movie even admit that there's some good things in this. And yeah, I kinda think this movie's not bad. Yes, it may not be Fox's best film, but it's far from the worst. Even if you can't get into it that much, I'd still say check it out, it's not that bad. Listed even agrees with me saying it's not bad. So yeah, if you want to see it, that's fine, I think it's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment