Sunday 18 February 2018

My top 5 Sonic games I want to see get remade

So, the Sonic franchise have had really great and really terrible entries over the years. With some absolutely amazing games...

and some, well...
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Nintendo Wii U)
Yeah, that. And with that kinda thing, there's a lot of games that I want see get remade because the original might have been broken, or the console isn't available now, or because playing them nowadays would be awesome with these new consoles we have and today's technology. And it could also help good games from before where the controls were weird and hard to use. They could also improve the gameplay to make it better. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
5. Shadow the Hedgehog:
Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2)
Starting us off is the spin-off game for one of the most popular Sonic characters of all time, Shadow the Hedgehog. This 2005 spin-off game follows Shadow as a creature called Black Doom has him gather the Chaos Emeralds for him. After he goes off, the military go are trying the kill him with Shadow not letting anyone get in his way because he's trying to remember his past. Now, for starters, I know a lot of people also had problems with the story, the characters and how weirdly dark and adult it was with it cursing a lot and stuff like that, but the main problem people had were the controls with them being hard to get a hang of and the controls actually being wonky and hard to use as well. And, yes, that has occurred with me sometimes too, but I think that if they fixed them, I don't think people will stay say it's good because of those other things I mentioned, but, I don't think they'd hate it as much.
4. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006):

Like the last one, this game has so many of the problems the last one had, but this one has a reputation of being one of the most infamous Sonic games of all time. And, yes, again, I know there are a lot of bad things and the glitches, load time and parts of the story are beyond painful to watch, but, I sorta wonder if they sorta rereleased this game and fixed the glitches problem and load time, again, I doubt people would like it, but maybe they wouldn't hate it as much. I know they'd definitely hate the story and some of characters and some of their actions, but, personally, I'd really like to see that. Something else I'd like to see is the music. The music from this 2006 game is the only thing people say is actually good about the game and, yeah, it might be my favourite Sonic music ever. Especially the piece called "Just Smile." Listen to some of this.
3. Sonic Adventure:
Sonic Adventure
Okay, now we get into the games that were original great games. The original Sonic Adventure was kinda ground-breaking back in 1998. It was the first real 3-D Sonic game with new designs for the characters and it was first Sonic game to include voice acting and the characters actually talking. But nowadays, the game doesn't exactly hold up very well. However, now, with consoles like the Play Station 4 or the Nintendo Switch, I would love to see it be remade for those consoles. I would love to actually experience it because I've never played it before. I really want to play it for real with today's technology and the different ideas they could experiment with. And I think doing a remake would fix this game's reputation of holding up after many years.
2. Sonic Adventure 2:

At number 2 is the sequel to Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2. Another game that was sorta ground-breaking when it was first released in 2002. This game introduced Shadow the Hedgehog for the first time. And they even include a ton of different quests and adventures to do and I would love to actually play that myself. I know that it's a great game from what I've heard, but, seeing how it was released in 2002 on an old console, I never played it. But, personally, playing it now with the technology we have now would be awesome and great to play.
And the number 1 Sonic game I want to see get remade is...  Sonic Heroes:
Sonic Heroes (PS2)
And finally at number 1 is the very first Sonic game I ever played and the first video game I ever played, Sonic Heroes. When it comes to games that I love but find kinda irritating in some parts, I think of how this game can feel a bit unfair. At least with the Play Station 2 version I have. In this game, you have control 4 teams of 3 with them being Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Amy, Cream, Cheese, Big, Espio, Vector and Charmy. There are problems I have with it though that really irritate me. Like some of the controls. They can be really shaky with a character sometimes not doing what I want it or falling off the stage some how. And I don't entirely like the camerawork and, probably the thing that annoys me the most is how the controller can sometimes make me change to one character when I want to be another characters. Sometimes I'll press the square button to be one character, but, for some reason, it'll change me to the other character. That can be really frustrating. I also find the Emerald Challenges irritating with them being too difficult to do. So, with all of that, I would love to see all those controls fixed with better Emerald Challenges. And especially when you're running in those challenges. Sometimes when I try to go right, I'll go left and vice versa. And, sometimes, when that happens, I'll fall off the ceiling which slows me down and gives the Emerald more chances of escaping. That is so beyond annoying. And so, I would love a fixed version of the game on the PS4 and I would love to play it. And so, everyone those are my picks for my top 5 Sonic games I want to see get remade. Thank you all for reading, please comment down below to tell me what you think or, if you like Sonic, please comment which game you'd like to see get remade.

No comments:

Post a Comment