Tuesday 17 July 2018

Incredibles 2

So, in case you don't know this about me, even though I've said it a lot, the first Incredibles movie is one of my favourite Pixar, animated and maybe just one of my favourite movies of all it. I love it so much and it keeps getting better and better every time I watch it. And so, I was obviously excited for the second movie to come out and it's easily a sequel that I, and a lot of other people, have been clamouring for for years. And, now that's it out, I got to see it for my birthday, which was really exciting for me too. And, yes, just like my other film reviews, this will have non-spoilers first and then I'll get into all the spoilers later on. All right, so, did this film live up to the hype? Well, yeah, in some way it definitely did, it's far from the first film. I wouldn't even really say FAR from the first one, but the first Incredibles movie is so amazing that I don't think this could have lived up to that. But besides that, this might be the most fun I've had with a Pixar movie in a long time. I think I enjoyed this way than a lot of the recent Pixar movies like Coco, Inside Out and those. It's not perfect and it's not close to being the best Pixar movie, but I still had a really great time with this. So, what's the story? It opens up with the Incredibles themselves stopping the Underminer as we saw from the ending of the first movie. Even Frozone's there to help too. But, while doing that, they end up causing too much damage thus causing the government to get even more angry with them. But then Lucius, A.K.A Frozone, tells them about some people who came to him after the fight who want to make superheroes legal again so they want Helen, A.K.A Elastagirl, to fight crime while Bob, A.K.A, Mr. Incredible, stays to watch Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack in their new house. Bob is having some trouble with this and is also discovering that Jack-Jack does have powers. While all this is happening, Helen is trying to find a villain named Screenslaver who can hypnotise people looking at their screens. And I'm gonna stop right there. So, first, I'll go over the good things, which is gonna get kinda long because there's a lot of good things in this movie. Obviously, for a Pixar movie, the animation is absolutely astounding. I would definitely put this on my top 10 best looking animated films list because the detail to this animation is amazing. It's so gorgeous and not once did it feel distracting seeing these characters looking better than they did in the first movie. It actually made it better to be honest. Plus, whenever there's an action scene, it's unbelievable. They're all breath-taking and all very imaginative and they're especially imaginative with the new characters they introduce here. All of them were amazing and visually stunning. I could watch this kind of action all day. And not only that, but, just like the first film, the story is very creative and very enjoyable and there's good messages in the story here and there. And it was great to see these characters again after fourteen years. They're all still the same and still just as likeable as they originally were, and the cast is still fantastic, especially Holly Hunter as Helen. Something else, and this is just me and I'm probably wrong, but I think this might be the most adult Pixar movie made yet. Not just because of the messages, which are definitely there and there's definitely effective, but also, there's some truly terrifying scenes in this. If there was a kid who went and saw this, I would imagine them being scared here. Especially one scene involving Helen being inside this building looking for Screenslaver. Just the lighting, the music and the dark and flickering lights just made that pretty intense. But I liked that and it shows that Pixar isn't afraid to scare kids like that. Something else that this movie is is that I think this is the funniest Pixar movie I've ever seen. There's so many scenes in this where I was laughing out loud. The movie itself is just so much fun and exciting. I was never bored once while watching it. I found the majority of it really exciting and a humongous blast to watch from beginning to end. However, now I need to talk about the problems because this wasn't perfect. For me, the biggest problem is that the villain sucked. The villain definitely has a motivation, but I just didn't find it very good and just the villain itself just kinda sucked in my opinion. Also, they try to do a twist towards the middle and I kept thinking that it wasn't going to be what it was because it felt too obvious. I kept thinking that they were just making it look like you were supposed to think it but then they would have the twist of the real villain, but, no, it was exactly what I originally thought and I couldn't believe they actually did this twist because it was just too obvious. The pacing also isn't perfect. It slows down a bit too much towards the middle and it felt like a tiny bit of a drag, which is weird considering the first movie is perfectly paced from beginning to end. There is also some references to the first film, and while some were good and clever, some others were a bit too on the nose. I'll get more in-depth about those problems in the spoilers. But, overall, Incredibles 2 might be the most fun I've had with a Pixar movie since Toy Story 3. Not as good as that, but I think I liked this more than the ones that came after that. And this was super enjoyable. I'm so happy it got made and I don't think I could have asked for a more satisfying experience, even if it's not as good as the first film. Still tough, I would highly recommend this to anyone and you should definitely see this if you get the chance. And so, everyone, that was my review of Incredibles 2. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.
Spoilers: Okay, so, there's not a lot of things to spoil here, but, for the ones that are there, the biggest spoiler was that Evelyn is actually the real Screenslaver. And, yeah, really, as soon as I saw her I immediately figured out that she was going to be the villain. There was no surprise there at all. As far as other things, the end climax on the boat might actually be my favourite Pixar climax ever. I thought having Bob, Helen and Lucius, along with some other superheroes getting controlled was cool. It was super intense and looked amazing. Seeing that Rick erased Tony's memory and it caused him to forget about Violet led to some funny moments and also some sad and touching moments between Bob and Violet. Probably the funniest moment for me was seeing Jack-Jack first use his powers against that racoon in the garden. Seeing Edna again was cool and I liked the scenes with her and Jack-Jack together. Especially when Jack-Jack is copying her moments. I'm kinda curious though to know whatever happened to the Underminer because the last we see him, he escapes and we don't see him again. Still though, and then, finally at the end, when superheroes are made legal again, was good and I liked seeing the ending where the Incredibles are going off to fight crime again. That was a nice way to end it. And that's really it. And so, everyone, those re the spoilers for Incredibles 2. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment