Monday 11 May 2020

My favourite anime series movies

Given how so many anime series have had non canon movies made about them, I decided to talk about different ones I've seen and I'm gonna pick one movie per series and talk about why I like it. Also, I've talked about some of these already, so I'll make those ones in particular a bit shorter than the others. Also, like every list I make, though I'm bringing up here, this clearly gonna be more subjective than most others because I know a lot of fans of these series have different favourites when it comes to these. But, yeah, this is gonna be opinion based like always, though, maybe a bit more than usual. Anyway, let's get into it and I hope you all like this.
Naruto: Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Blood Prison:
See the source image
All right, so, this is the most obvious when I said how I was gonna talk about anime movies I've mentioned before, so you can just look at my ranking of the Naruto movies to see why I like this movie, but, overall, I just think it's the most entertaining of all the Naruto films and I always enjoy it whenever I watch it. It's got the usual amazing Naruto animation, awesome fight scenes and some of the most brutal scenes in the series so far.
One Piece: One Piece: Gold:
See the source image
This one was a bit of tossup for One Piece because I was sorta trying to choose between this and One Piece: Stampede that came out earlier this year, which was actually the first time ever I saw an anime movie in the cinema, so personally, that was cool for me. But I decided to go with Gold because I feel like I just preferred it more. When the Straw Hats arrive on some huge ship belonging to someone named Gild Tesoro who tries to keep them all there working for him. But he also has the power of the Gold-Gold Fruit. And so, the fact that the majority of the movie is surrounded in gold, it makes looking at it really nice. And the plot when we get into the real adventure and the ideas that they introduce here reminds me exactly why I love the series of One Piece and why Oda is a genius at storytelling.
Dragon Ball: Dragon Ball Super: Broly:
See the source image
Dragon Ball has had a lot of movies over the years, but I think most people will agree that the best one is by far the most recent one with Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Broly was never a character that was canon before this movie. He was in three before this but they were bad. And since they were never canon, they were able to refresh the character completely and make it so that he is canon now. And the fact that this takes place after the Tournament Of Power makes it better with Goku and Vegeta being stronger than they were in any other movies. It was also nice to see that they reintroduced Gogeta and made that Goku and Vegeta fusion dance canon too. And it has some of the best action scenes and comedy I've seen in Dragon Ball, as well as the best animation I've seen in it.
Bleach: Bleach: Diamond Dust Rebellion:
See the source image
Next to the Blood Prison movie for Naruto, this is a similar case, in the sense that I already spoke about this when I ranked all the Bleach movies, so check that out if you haven't to get my overall thoughts on it. But this is the Bleach movie that always gives me the most enjoyment out of any of them. I really like following the story of this movie and following the characters around it is just a lot of fun because I think it's just really well written.
Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Movie:
See the source image
This is currently the only Yu-Gi-Oh movie I've see, although I really want to see Bonds Beyond Time and Shattered Dimensions. But, so far, this is the only one. And, as the only one, I really liked this when I was younger, nowadays, I haven't seen it in a while, but I still remember it and remember thinking it was really cool. And, even though it's more than likely just non canon, there are some aspects to it that I like to think could be canon, especially the whole Anubis aspect to it.
My Hero Academia: My Hero Academia: Two Heroes:
See the source image
Like what I said for Yu-Gi-Oh, this is the only one of the two My Hero Academia movies I've seen even though Heroes Rising came out a couple of months ago too. I'm hoping that that one comes out on DVD soon too. That's how I saw this one. And watching this movie kinda helped remind me what I like a lot about movies based on anime, having the characters going to a new place and meeting new characters and befriending them. I know it's technically non canon, but the idea of it is still cool and I like when a lot of them do it. And the movie is thankfully really good too. I do have some problems with it, but, overall, I like how the characters get to where they are and I like the situation they're put in in terms of what they were planning and what happens in it. There are some points in it that are a bit predictable and don't make that much sense, but I find the rest of the movie, namely Deku's interactions with the new girl of the movie, Melissa.
Fairy Tail: Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry:
See the source image
So, so far there's only been two movies for Fairy Tail, which I have seen, and I'm not sure whether or not there'll be more, but for the two we do have, I like Dragon Cry more. I mean, neither of them are particularly exceptional or anything, but I find it pretty entertaining. I like the idea of the Dragon Cry staff and the huge fight at the end with it and Natsu. And the rest of the movie has some good moments too. I don't have that much to say about either of the Fairy Tail movies aside from they're just fine. (On a side note, I've personally kinda lost some interest in Fairy Tail. If you all remember, I really loved it a few years ago, but, I think ever since I started watching One Piece or something, I've lost some interest in it. Nowadays, I think it's just good. Not amazing or anything, but good nonetheless. So if any of you are wondering why I'm not praising it as much as I used to, that's why.)
Pokémon: Pokémon: Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew:
See the source image
And finishing us off is one of the many Pokémon movies, Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew. I know a lot of people would choose something else over this, but I remember watching this on TV one day and a couple of months ago, I went online and watched it again and I still like it. I like the idea of Lucario, I think he's a pretty cool Pokémon and I like the adventure that Ash the others go on with him. Especially the ending. I really like a lot of things about the ending inside the Tree Of Beginning. And it's kinda bitter sweet at the end when Lucario fades away. I do also like some other Pokémon movie, especially the first one, but Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew is probably my favourite of them all. And the whole story with Lucario and his master Aaron is pretty interesting too. Again, the eventual discovery of the whole thing at the end is really cool to me. And I like the bond that Ash and Lucario create throughout the movie too. Like I said before, I really love it when anime movies create new characters that the main characters befriend and are able to have them trust them. It's just a really fun movie for me to watch. And so, everyone, those are my favourite anime series movies. I hope you all liked this and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment