Thursday 28 May 2020

My thoughts on the Kingdom Hearts Disney+ show

So, recently, there's been a lot of news on Facebook and Twitter that there's gonna be a Kingdom Hearts series for Disney+. Some people have said it's gonna be live action and some have said it's gonna be animated, though it's more than likely gonna be animated if it's really happening. And I guess this is good chance to talk about my thoughts about stuff like this. I've been thinking of a Disney original series of Kingdom Hearts for a while and it made me think of different things I'd want to see as well as what I think of it as a whole. First off, I always thought if a show of Kingdom Hearts was ever gonna be made, I wanted it to be made like an anime made by Disney themselves. I also wanted Square Enix to have involvement with it too so they can help with it. I would also like to see it be made with Tetsuya Nomura's kinda designs. That is if it'll be hand drawn. And seeing as we already have drawings of the characters from Nomura, I don't see it being impossible.
How to Draw Sora from Kingdom Hearts in Step by Step Drawing ...
Having the correct designs like that could be cool if they make it hand drawn. On the other hand, I'd like to see Square Enix send Disney the programs for the characters if they make it C.G.I. And the reason I say that is because Disney and Pixar did the same thing when Square was making Kingdom Hearts 3 so they could get the models right. In terms of the voices, I can't imagine it being hard to get the Disney voices, though getting the voices for Sora, Kairi and Riku could be slightly harder. Or, at least Sora because Haley Joel Osment's voice sounds nothing like it did back in 2002, obviously, but David Gallagher does sound pretty similar so it would pretty easy to get him to reprise his voice for Riku and Alyson Stoner could redo her voice for Kairi, I don't see that being a problem either, but Sora, that could be kinda hard. And then, in terms of the story and seasons, I would say each season would cover each different game or something like that. And it's hard to say how long each episode would be. It would be cool if they took their time at the start because if they jump right into it, it might feel kinda rush. But at the same time, I imagine they wouldn't want to go through the game's plot exactly, not to mention the fact that scenes in the game and the way the games do some scenes would work in the games but not so much in an animated series. As far as the action scenes, I think they could be really creative like an anime, but how they'd work some of the crazy mechanics in the series and how it would work, especially the different Keyblade moves,  I don't see that actual mechanics from the games all working here, but some of the crazier moves could be really cool, but just so long as it works in regards to how the series would be done and how it's set up. And how they'd integrate some of the secret stuff from the game like secret bosses or extra scenes, I do kinda wonder how that would be done although I doubt they'd include those, it's more than likely that they'd just go with the story and that's it. I also don't see them including more Keyblades for Sora in each world. Like in the manga, they're just gonna leave him with the Kingdom Key. Again, like I said, I see some things in this working only in the games, but if they decide to make a show for Disney+, I do also see some things working well for series too if it's done well and it certainly is still something I would be interested in seeing too. And, yeah, those are my overall thoughts on it. And so, yeah, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment