Sunday 28 February 2021

My top 5 Yu Yu Hakusho characters

So, I'm hoping to do more of these top lists of my favourite characters from different animes. The last entry I did was my favourite characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and this is continuing that. While I've before who my favourite character in this series is, I think it's only fair to talk about my other four favourites. Plus, I feel like I should talk about my other favourites considering they might surprise ya. i was even a little bit surprised at myself because when I thought about it, I thought of one order for this list, but then when I thought about it again, I decided to do it another way. And, really, given how I've spoken about this series before in various ways, I think it's about time I really did talk about all of these like this. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. Toguro:
Starting us off at number 5 is the younger Toguro brother and my personal favourite villain of the whole series. I made an entry recently about my favourite villains from different anime franchises and I put Toguro as my favourite from this series. And everything I said there is still true now. He's really cool and I love his personality and cold look on everything. And, really, his actions led to Yusuke and the others to taking part in the Dark Tournament and his fight with Yusuke in the final round was easily the height of the entire series. Just everything to do with him is really cool to watch.
4. Genkai:
Next up is Yusuke's Spirit mentor, Genkai. After passing her test the first time, Yusuke became her student. And while this old mentor may be mean at times like always insulting Yusuke and never seeming like she gives him a break, you can definitely feel the respect they have for each other and that's reflected really well throughout the whole show. Plus, she's just a great character in her own right with wanting to do the right thing, but most of the things in life feel like they kinda get on her nerves and she acts like a cranky woman as a result. And I love the dynamic that she has with the rest of the characters as well, especially after she dies and everyone is just devastated afterwards. You can really feel everyone's connection to her and it's really heart-breaking. I know she comes back, but still. Overall, she's probably my favourite mentor character Yoshihiro Togashi has created.
3. Yusuke:
At number 3 is the main Spirit Detective himself, Yusuke Urameshi. While not exactly one of my top 5 anime protagonists of all time, Yusuke is still an incredible character in his own right. After getting hit by a car and brought back to life, he's assigned as a Spirit Detective. And, from there, we see numerous things happen to him along with an interesting exploring of him as a character who's kinda tragic given how he grew up. But Yusuke is also just super cool and awesome regardless. After years of being a delinquent, this helped him in his constant fights, which came in handy later on with is fights with demons. Really, Yusuke is a fantastic protagonist and a pretty underrated one in my opinion.
2. Kurama:
Coming in close to number 1 is the fox demon, Kurama. After having to hide in the human world by putting his spirit in the body of a new born child and has spent the years since with a human family. And he desired to live a normal life because he felt his family, especially his mother, was really good to him. But when she became ill, he teamed up with Hiei and Goki to steal the artefacts needed to help her. Afterwards, he formed a team with Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei to take on other evil demons. And, while he may be the nicest and peaceful of the team, don't let that fool ya because if anyone threatens him or anyone he cares about, he won't hesitate to kill them in really brutal ways. But he is still likeable and fun at the end of the day. 
And my number 1 favourite Yu Yu Hakusho character is... Hiei:
And finally at number 1 is the most cynical demon you'll ever see, Hiei. I know I mentioned this in my review of the series, but I guess I just wanted to go into more detail here. While you could make the argument that he's pretty much just like Vegeta considering they both look and act exactly the same, I think Hiei has a lot more going on given his backstory of being a child to forbidden love between an ice and fire demon which led to the women of the ice kingdom to throwing him off their floating island when he was a baby and afterwards, he vowed to get revenge. And I love how even though we don't spend a lot of time on that subplot, it's still really interesting and just everything he's done in the series since his introduction has been fantastic and interesting. Like some other secondary characters like him, I don't think the series would be what it really is without him. I also love Chuck Huber's performance as Hiei. He perfectly captures the cold and cynical side to him while still adding all the other emotions to make him extremely likeable and cool. And, Hiei's fight scenes are some of the coolest in the series. A lot of that has to do with the awesome abilities he has like being immune to fire and ice attacks while still having fire attacks and being a master swordsman. And his use of things like the Dragon Of The Darkness Flame is really cool. Really, Hiei is just one of the many things that make the series for me. And all that is why Hiei is my favourite character in Yu Yu Hakusho. And so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 5 Yu Yu Hakusho characters. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

16 comments:

  1. He is the high school student was struck by a vehicle try to save the boy from taking basketball & died in a coma becomes the heroic ghost fighter and mercenary battles ghouls witches vampires and other enemies & became the hero of the parallel universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Henderson American version of Yuyu Hakusho International title as Ghost Warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aired in the Philippines on ABS CBN and GMA Network.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuyu Hakusho vs Dracula battle of Transylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuyu Hakusho vs Invisible Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuyu Hakusho the ghost fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuyu Hakusho serialized in TV films comics animation and media.

    ReplyDelete
  8. waynemoises@gmail.com or rockwaynemoises@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuyu Hakusho was part of international superheroes in popular media throughout the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuyu Hakusho the Movie a compilation film from Japan.🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

    ReplyDelete
  11. Live action adventure fantasy superhero horror mystery suspense melodrama film based from the anime series is now on Netflix Channel in November & American version going to the big screen soon.🇺🇸🇨🇦🇯🇵🇰🇷🇵🇭🇳🇿🇦🇺🇨🇳🇬🇧🇭🇰🇹🇼🇲🇽🇪🇸🇨🇴🇨🇱🇬🇹🇳🇮🇵🇦🇵🇫🇵🇷🇸🇻🇺🇾🇻🇪

    ReplyDelete
  12. Legend of Ghost Warrior TV series.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yusuke Urameshi the ghost fighter and gladiator of the afterlife and hero of the spirit world.👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yuyu Hakusho a literary character and comicbook superhero from Japan.🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yuyu Hakusho vs Goku battle of legends.🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yuyu Hakusho vs Pikachu battle of Lavender City & Silver Lake City USA.🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇸🇬🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳🇨🇳

    ReplyDelete