Sunday 5 February 2023

My top 5 movies of 2022

So guys, this is kinda late because I usually make these way sooner, but, I was waiting for the new Puss In Boots movie to come out here before I made this, but, now that it's out and I've made my review of it, I'm finally gonna talk about my top 5 movies of 2022. This was an interesting year for me with movies because, recently, I've sorta tried to broaden my horizon when it comes to movies and I saw some really, really great films in 2022. I did also see a lot of terrible films, but I was really, really glad with all the great movies I saw last year. So, this is probably a weird thing to point out, but I think this might be the most different one of these lists I've made because I'm gonna be including different kinds of films that I haven't spoken about before. So, let's get into it and I hope you all like this.

5. Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero:

Starting us off is the first anime movie I saw this year, Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero. I saw both this and One Piece Film: Red this year and out of the both of them, I liked Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero more. I really had a great time with this film, especially since it was the first Dragon Ball movie I ever saw in cinemas and this was a really great experience. While I personally had a couple of problems with it like the first ten minutes or so, the rest of it was so entertaining as a Dragon Ball fan. And I loved just what happened with this having a huge enthesis on Piccolo and Gohan's relationship and it was just a blast from the start when Piccolo is introduced and what they do with the characters was a lot of fun. I also loved the other characters in this like Pan. I really, really Pan here and she was so entertaining in this as opposed to the version of her in Dragon Ball GT. And it was nice to have a Dragon Ball movie that didn't focus on Goku and Vegeta the whole time. While I love the two of them, it was just refreshing to have one focus on other characters and this was definitely my favourite version of Gohan ever since the Cell Games Saga. Overall, it was just such a fun time and I can't wait to see what the next installment in the franchise is.

4. Puss In Boots: The Last Wish:

Next up on the list is the only American animated movie from this year and my most recently viewed film from 2022, Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. This was very refreshing for me personally because I haven't seen many DreamWorks movies over the years, but this movie was great to get back into that again and gave us one of the best animated movies in the last few years. Like I said when I did my review, I had heard nothing but incredible things about this film before seeing it and, while I can't say I was on the same boat as everyone on that level, this was stil such a great experience with some of the best directing I've seen in an animated movie in a long time and it was just a lot of fun to see characters I've liked for a long time back on the big screen again. I personally think the first Puss In Boots movie is pretty underrated and so having this movie come out and have so many people talking about it the way they have is really amazing and I just had a fantastic time watching this.

3. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever:

At number 3 is the last of the M.C.U projects from 2022, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The M.C.U was kinda hit or miss this year with some amazing projects like this and having other stuff like Thor: Love And Thunder and She-Hulk, but this was a great way to close out the year. With this film, we got so many great things like a really good villain, some of the best performances in the M.C.U and it was just an incredible way of doing a touching sendoff to Chadwick Boseman. It was also full of amazing character development and had fantastic action scenes and maybe one of the most facinating stories the M.C.U has ever told. I also feel like this kinda took some risks by M.C.U standards and it made the experience all the more interesting. I also loved just how the characters get to where they are like Shuri becoming the new Black Panther and giving her character more chances to shine and making me like her more than I did. 

2. The Batman:

Coming in close to number 1 is my offical favourite live action Batman movie, The Batman. I feel like this movie is practically tailor made to be on everyone's list of their favourite movies of 2022 because of just how brilliantly made it is. Not only is the story so well thought out, but the attention to detail with making this version of Gotham feel so real and detailed just makes me want to explore it as much as possible. As someone who's a huge Batman fan but would never say he's the biggest fan of all time, this was just everything I could ask for with absolutely amazing acting from everyone, especially Robert Pattinson as Batman himself, some incredibly gorgeous shots with the cinematography, really intense action and some of the best directing I've ever seen in a comic book movie. And, like I said in my review, I just loved how this film sorta took the idea of a comic book movie and turned it on it's head and made it really refreshing to watch and I absolutely can't wait for the sequel.

And my number 1 favourite movie of 2022 is... Top Gun: Maverick:

And finally at number 1 is easily the best movie of 2022 and the one that pretty much everyone has already talked about to death with the amount of praise it's gotten, Top Gun: Maverick. This is what I was talking about at the start with movies that may surprise you with what I've seen this year, but, yeah, this film was easily my favourite movie of the year, which is odd to me because I haven't seen the first Top Gun movie yet and I was never interested to until I heard what everyone was talking about with this movie and all I can say is that seeing this on the big screen was insane and may have been one of my favourite cinema experiences I've ever had. What I love about this film is that everything that everyone talks about here is super interesting and the characters are just as interesting. We have Tom Cruise as Pete Mitchell trying to teach younger pilots how to accomplish a mission while trying to make things right with the son of his old partner and everything they do in this is some of the most facinating stuff I've seen in a movie in a long time. But I also love how huge this movie feels because they used real planes for the flying scenes and it made all the action with them feel so intense and the cinematography complimented it so well. The acting from everyone is also incredible here, Tom Cruise is of course great, but so is everyone else, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell and everyone else in the cast do an incredible job. Pretty much everyone has praised this movie to death and I'm the same because this movie was such a spectacle to see on the big screen and the action just made everything so much more emotional and when the characters were just sitting and talking or explaining different things about how to do these things, it was all so compelling and interesting. I've actually been able to connect with other people over how much I love this movie and we all agree this was the best movie of 2022. And all that is why Top Gun: Maverick is my favourite movie of 2022. And so everyone, those are my picks for my top 5 movies of 2022. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think and tell me what your favourite movies of 2022 are.

No comments:

Post a Comment