Tuesday 3 June 2014

My top 5 Ratatouille moments

5. Remy and his family in the old woman's house at the beginning: During the beginning of the movie Remy and his rat family are in an old woman's house in her roof and Remy keeps going into the old woman's kitchen to steal some of her food. What makes this so good is that it's funny. I mean it's really, really funny. When the woman sees that the rats have been living in her house the whole time she goes insane with trying to kill them all with her gun and it is just hilarious.
4. Remy cooking at the restaurant: It's pretty funny watching 1 rat controlling an actual human being and making him cook. Sure that kind of thing last or a lot of the movie but still it is really entertaining given the fact that they were able to do this be using C.G.I so I'm sort of impressed. Another reason why I like this is because of the other chefs in the kitchen who are entertaining too.
3. The villain chef chasing Remy through Paris: This is after Remy finds out that Linguini is the real owner of the restaurant since Linguini is actually the son of the chef who passed away and when he goes into the manager office he finds a letter that the dead chef once wrote to the villain chef saying that if he ever died Linguini would take over as the new ownership of the restaurant. The chef finds him and tries to stop Remy from showing the letter to Linguini. And from there the chef chases Remy through Paris to get the letter back and it is really funny.
2.  The final dish for Ego before the review: Now when I say that I mean the scene where Ego is in the restaurant and he's all ready to give the bad review when suddenly he has probably the best meal of his life and he decides not to give the bad review. It's funny, heart-warming and very clever. As he takes the first bite he suddenly gets a flashback to when his mother made him the exact same food when he was a boy and he loved and obviously he loved it again. Even to the point where Linguini and the other woman chef show him that Remy actually made the dish and they actually show him Remy is... actually I don't know how to describe it. I just love it.
And my number 1 best Ratatouille moment is... Ego's review: Yeah you all knew this had to be on the list somewhere. As I've said before Ego's review is one of my favourite movie moments ever. And I don't just mean this movie, I mean of all movie period if you get what I mean. It's well written, well acted, well animated, well paced and very, very well thought out. I'd say the best thing about this is that it helped me think of some things I could do for this blog not to mention that Ego actually mentions that sometimes critics need to really think about what people offer to us for entertainment and I really like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment