Wednesday 4 June 2014

My top 5 UP moments

This will be my last top 5 Pixar moments.
5. The climax: While this climax is impressive I'll be the 1st one to say it really isn't anything new. But for what it is it is cool and awesome. Charles is the villain and the way he dies is a little dark. I mean he jumps out a window, get trapped in some balloons and falls to his doom. Not to mention that the fight between him and Carl is cool. There's also really funny bits here and there in this climax and that's what makes it good too.
4. The house's 1st few minutes in the air: While in the air in his house Carl is talking to Russell and well stuff happens. And ya know what!? It's pretty funny stuff. There's the scene where Carl thinks about lowering Russell down on bed sheets tied together and accidently drops it while Russell's still in the air. We actually think that's actually happening until back in reality Carl says "Well that's not gonna work." It's very funny.
3. Dug and Kevin's scenes: As I've said before Dug and Kevin are my 2 favourite characters of this movie. Why? Because they're both funny, nice, lovable and loyal characters. Kevin never speaks and yet Dug loves to speak. Every time they're on screen they just kill me. Though I'm a little confused about 1 thing. Dug kept saying he wanted to take Kevin back with him as his prisoner and yet after the night when Carl, Russell, himself and Kevin sleep under the house he stopped saying it. I'm a tad bit confused by that but still Dug and Kevin are still in my opinion the best characters of this film.
2. Alpha's squeaky voice scenes: This is one of the things that the UP fans have been talking about and it's easy to see why. It's funny and it's ingenious. Alpha bumped his collar causing some wire to come loose and so that's apparently why that happened. I mean having a voice like that being inside the body of a frightening dog like Alpha is jut awesome. Especially given the fact that Alpha is one of the villains in this movie, just a side-villain and it's hilarious to see that kind of thing happen. Apparently the actor who played Dug also played Alpha.
And the number 1 best UP moment is... The chase scene between Carl, Russell, Dug, Kevin and the other dogs: This scene is incredible. Kevin has Carl and Russell on her back running away from the other dogs and they're trying to get to the other side of a rock platform. The reason I think this scene is so good is the fast pacing. The fact that they were able to do this with C.G.I and I think that that's impressive. I even give credit that the humans actually look a bit real like and I love to look the humans designs because they look pretty cool. The reason I bring this up is because given the fact that they were able to do that chase scene with that kind of C.G.I is really cool to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment