Wednesday 24 August 2016

My top 5 films of this year so far

With the Summer now finished a lot of people, including myself, soon heading back to school, I thought it would be fun to look over 5 movies I've seen this year and see which ones have been my favourites. And keep in mind at the year I'll be doing another one but that will be my top 10 favourite and that'll most likely be a lot of fun to do. Anyway, these are the movies that have been released that I've seen and enjoyed the most and I hope you like this and when you're done, please comment and tell me what your favourite has been so far.
5. X-Men: Apocalypse: This final instalment to the young X-Men cast ends on a very big high note. And I think we can all agree that it is seriously underrated and critics are being way too harsh on it. Especially with the score it got on Rotten Tomatoes and I've heard a lot of people on YouTube saying that critics are wrong when it comes to this movie because a lot of people, including myself have all said that it's amazing. And Bryan Singer absolutely pulled off yet another X-Men movie with amazing performances by everyone. Especially from Mcavoy and Fassbender who are once again fantastic and play off each other wonderfully. And it was also awesome to see Wolverine again even though I wanted more of him. Still, it was great to see Hugh Jackman back as the character and excited for Wolverine 3 next year. And overall this is still a great and underrated X-Men movie.
4. Deadpool: I'm actually kinda sad to put this here because I love this movie so much but it turns out I love 3 other movies more than this. It took years to get this movie after that garbage from Origins in 2009. Thankfully that test footage came out a few years ago and that's what caused FOX to realise that we all demanded that they make this movie. And from this movie, not only did they deliver a flawless portrayal of Deadpool, but it also showed us the top of Ryan Reynolds's talent from this being his best movie and his best performance of all time. I mean, this man was born to play this character and here he's absolutely amazing at it and he totally nails this character with the non-stop jokes and 4th wall breaks and I can't wait to see it come back in Deadpool 2 which will be coming out in 2018.
3. Finding Dory: It's amazing that Pixar was once again able to do a successful sequel considering their last one didn't turn out so good according to a lot of people with Cars 2. But thankfully they managed to outdo themselves terrifically. You've all seen my review of it and you all know I love this movie. The fact that they had all this hype going for it and originally and they managed to live up to it is really impressive. In fact, this movie managed to beat Toy Story 3 at the record of most money in it's opening weekend. They also managed to take all the character from the original who were all already memorable, fun and loveable and they brought them back the same which is incredible and great to see. Especially Ellen DeGeneres as Dory who is the perfect example of actor and character combination. And I still love seeing it and remembering the first time I saw the first movie and loving that too. And really I could go on forever but I've got 2 more movies to talk about. Finding Dory is such an amazing and definitely check it out if you haven't yet.
2. Zootropolis (A.K.A, Zootopia): Yeah, as I've said before, where I'm from, the title is called Zootropolis. Anyway, this newest Disney Classic is another amazing, brilliant animated movie from them. I mean, ever since the Princess and the Frog, or maybe Bolt, they've just been making fantastic movies. This is one that everyone has been praising like me, Chris Stuckmann, Animat, BHL Hudson and others. And it also feels a lot more adult than you would think. I think it's right up there with Hunchback of Notre Dame with it how adult it is, which is really saying something. I mean it is definitely a children but it also has some adult themes. And also the voice acting in this is fantastic. This is also some of the best C.G.I animation Disney has ever created, which is also really saying something considering they've managed to make phenomenal C.G.I work with their other movies like Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph or Big Hero 6. And throughout the whole thing, you're always entertained. Not once are you bored and it's always interesting to watch. And these characters like Judy, Nick, Clawhauser, Chief Bogo and the others are great. Really fun, funny, interesting, cool and fun to watch. And I'm really looking forward to their newest Classic Moana coming out around the end of this year.
And my number 1 favourite movie so far this year is... Captain America: Civil War: Come on. You all knew this was coming. Civil War was being built up for ages and Marvel delivered it and delivered it perfectly. And I'm not putting this here just because of Spider-Man and how I loved him here, but also on how super interesting this story is and how invested I was getting into this story. And it has some of and the best action of any comic book movie ever in my opinion. And seeing how amazingly the Russo brothers handled this movie, it really gives me a lot more hope them directing Infinity War. And seeing how that will probably have the biggest amount of superheroes all at once will be really difficult but I have complete faith in them. And especially seeing how this my favourite comic book movie I've seen since the first Avengers movie. I don't know which I like better but that's a good thing. And seeing how absolutely enthralling the entirety of this story was, I still can't stretch enough how much I love this movie and that's why it's my favourite movie of 2016 so far and will probably be even when the year is done. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what your favourite has been so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment