Wednesday 10 August 2016

Watchmen

So now I've decided to review the 2009 comic book movie, Watchmen. This movie was actually directed by Zack Snyder who also directed Man of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. This is said to be one of his best movies ever considering it's also said to be the most comic accurate movie of all time and a lot people even say that Watchmen is the best graphic novel of all time. I haven't read it but that's what I heard and this is also supposed to be a DC movie. I also only saw this yesterday and never before and I enjoyed it. And no, in case your wondering, I am not going to be talking about the whole story. Anyway, let's talk about that. What's the story? It opens up with an old superhero being murdered named the Comedian by a mysterious man. We then meet another old superhero named Rorschach, played by Jackie Earle Hayley, who's trying to investigate it. We then meet other old superheroes like Nite Owl, played by Patrick Wilson, Silk Spectre, played by Malin Akerman, Ozymandias, played by Matthew Goode and a powerful blue creature named Dr. Manhattan, played by Billy Crudup. The year is 1985 and New York is in danger of missiles that may be fired at them by another country. Most of the superheroes there are retired or killed and Rorschach is a man wearing a mask with moving black looking ink and one of the only superheroes that's still actually around. And the rest of the movie is them discussing some things and trying to solve this mystery and trying to find out who's trying to kill all the superheroes. I know that's not much but the story in this isn't really the easiest to tell. And in case you don't know the twist ending, don't worry, I won't give it away. And so right off the top of my head, the first thing to note when watching this movie is the fact that it's a great looking movie. That's the same thing in every Zack Snyder. And it is what I said before, probably the most comic accurate comic book movie ever. I've never read the graphic novel but I have seen it and looked at it and it is as close to accurate as anything. Also the cast in this is fantastic. My favourite is Jackie Earle Hayley as Rorschach. He's really cool, his voice is really cool and he was just really entertaining. Another performance that stood out to me was Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl. He's extremely likeable and even sympathetic in some moments. Also be noted that this is another rated R comic book movie. Just like Deadpool and Blade and yeah, it deserved that rating. There is tons of language, blood, crazy violence and other things I won't say. And it's great to see that because very rarely do comic book movies ever receive that rating. Also Zack Snyder's directing is great in this. It is indeed one of his best made movies. And like I said, just the look on this movie is fantastic. It really doesn't look like any other comic book movie out there or really any other movie out there. And I'm not just talking about the visuals, although those are great to, I'm just talking about the actual look of it. And it's practically Watchmen brought from the comic to the big screen. And in case you don't know, the writer of the graphic novel is Alan Moore. As in the same writer of the Batman: The Killing Joke graphic novel, which I recently first read, and V for Vendetta. So he's a very talented writer. And I think that the story for this may be  bit complicated but still interesting. And so everyone. That was my review of Watchmen. A little note. I'm going for another holiday today and so don't expect anything to be up for few days. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment