Tuesday 8 August 2017

5 Pirates of the Caribbean movies ranked

With the Pirates franchise presumably over now and Dead Men Tell No Tales coming to DVD soon, I thought I'd look back on this franchise and do a ranking of the 5 movies from worst to best. Obviously there really hasn't been a good movie in this series for a long time, but I still kinda find some entries a little underrated, though, only a little. I haven't one a rankings entry in a while, so I think this will be a nice comeback for that. And seeing how the Pirates movies are Disney, this is a great way to get ready for what I'm going to do for my next entry that I can't wait to do. You see that when it's done. Anyway, let's get on with this and I hope you all enjoy.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest:

Starting us off is the sequel to the original classic, Dead Man's Chest. Whenever anyone asks me what I think the least of the Pirates movies is, I pick this one. When being a sequel to a huge phenomenon, you have some big shoes to fill, but this follow up did not do that with have a super silly and at times complicated plot, a really bad ending, a boring second act and not a whole lot of things happening. It also has some pointless scenes like the whole scene with the cannibals. With only a few things okay about it
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End:

Next up is easily the most complicated of all the Pirates movies, At World's End. Upon rewatching I found there are more things that're good, but that doesn't mean the movie itself is good. It's still beyond complicated, is way too dark, has too many characters, too much stuff going on, not enough action, it's way too long, nothing interesting happening and just not being fun to watch for the vast majority of it. The climax does kinda make up a small bit, but not a whole lot, just a tiny bit.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides:

I know most of you were more than likely expecting to see this at number 5 because this is the most despised of all the Pirates movies. And while, yes, this isn't really a good movie, there are good things in it and I find it really entertaining even with the bad stuff in it and I think it's better and more entertaining than 2 and 3. Again, it's not a good movie but still, I have a good time with it.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales:

The most recent Pirates movie is next up. After a six year gap since the last one, I think they ended this franchise on a, I wouldn't say a high note because I don't know if I can say it's actually good, but a kinda decent note if you know what I mean. The plot is really bad and dumb at parts, but it is still entertaining the whole way through. While some of the acting isn't the best, most of it is pretty solid and the ending is really nice way to end it all.
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl:

And finally at number 1 is the only good movie of the Pirates movie and my favourite actual pirate movie ever as I said in my favourite genre movies ever a few days ago. This is a movie that not a lot of people were expecting when it was coming out, but people love it and it started this entire franchise. And this is a super fun movie and my favourite pirate movie ever. It's funny, exciting, the cast is phenomenal, the characters are great, especially Jack who might actually be one of my favourite Disney characters as I've been thinking lately, and it's also super quotable. The cinematography and directing is perfect along with great sets and costumes. Just everything in this I love and I can easily pick this movie as the best Pirates of the Caribbean movie ever. And so everyone, those are the 5 Pirates of the Caribbean movies ranked. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment