Saturday 12 August 2017

The Lion Guard: Let Sleeping Crocs Lie

And now we've come to the latest Lion Guard episode and the last one to come out for this month, Let Sleeping Crocs Lie. When I first heard about this, I was excited, but not super excited because, before the recent Rise of Scar episode, the episodes, weren't bad, but I don't think they were as good as the ones from a little earlier. They were still good, but some of them weren't very put together or thought out. There was one exception like the Savannah Summit. But, my point is that ever since, probably, the episode The Trail to Udugu to the Rise of Scar, there hasn't been an episode that super stuck out as anything that great. But because of the Rise of Scar, which was really, really good, say for the ending, I was really excited for this. And it didn't disappoint. I feel this episode joins the early episodes as being really fantastic. And it's really nice to say that again. And so, let look at the story and this is going to have spoilers so if you haven't seen it yet and you want to, go see it and then read this. So, what's the story? It opens up with the Guard guiding a bunch of antelopes into a canyon. But Ono has them go by a cave where Makuu and the other crocodiles are resting for the dry season. They wake them up and because of that, they can't go back to sleep for the dry season. So now the crocs have to go to a watering hole for the season but most of them are taken. So Makuu goes to talk to Simba about it but then one crocodile named Kibari doesn't like this so he and the other crocs go to find a watering hole to take. But Ushari is also listening and reports it to Scar they're still able to talk to in the volcano in the Outlands and he suggests using a plan to trick Kibari into calling for a mashindano like we saw Makuu doing to Pua. So he does and he and the other crocs, except for Makuu, make a plan for this to be a distraction while they kill Simba while no one's looking. But Ono sees them and the Guard stop them and then Kibari and his other two crocodile gang are banished to the Outlands. There, they meet Ushari who shows them to Scar and him, Ushari, those crocs, the hyenas and vultures begin to make a plan to defeat everyone in the Pride Lands. So, right up front, this episode's plot is definitely a huge improvement over the past few episodes. And something that's kind of a great thing to me is that Makuu is officially a good guy now, which I like. He went from this really despicable villain to this really likeable character. Again, I'm not sure why he decided to change, but I'm glad he did because he's so likeable here. And the entire basic structure is brilliant too. They also do what I thought they were going to do from the last episode and that's have the villains, in this case Ushari, talk to Scar and ask for a plan or for advice and I liked that. Kibari is an okay villain, but he's not one of the best. Not bad though and I guess it's cool to have a different crocodile villain. The whole mashindano scene was cool again and when it started, I was kinda worried that they were going to redo the same thing they did with Pua and Makuu and have Makuu lose. But that didn't happen. I also liked the reaction on Kibari's face when he realised that his plan failed and Simba was just fine. And so I was kinda thinking that maybe they would do a rehash of Makuu because they wanted to have that kinda character again. But thankfully they didn't and I'm glad they didn't because if they did, then, yeah, that woulda been kinda pointless. But they didn't and I liked the scene that took place after the mashindano when the banished crocs go to the Outlands and are then brought to Scar who still in flames. So I guess they are doing that as a continuing thing now like I thought, which is cool. Scar also has a song here and it's... fine. Not one of the better ones like the one from the previous episode, but still fine. And the design of Kibari is pretty cool. If you look at him you easily tell he's not a good guy. I also liked the scene at Pride Rock when Simba and Makku with them trying to figure this out. And it's also kinda funny because Ono thinks he's going to get into trouble so the others try to tell him that he'll be fine but Bunga keeps worrying him. And I liked the ending with all the villains, except for the jackals and the Outsiders, in the volcano trying to think of a plan to take out Simba's reign. So I'm hoping that they do something really big with that in the future. So overall, this is another really good episode and another one that's sort of an improvement over the past few aside from the Rise of Scar. Again, there isn't really a whole lot to say except this is another enjoyable episode and I can't wait for the next bunch of episodes next month. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment