Friday 4 August 2017

My top 10 anime voice actors

Anime is great, and one of the many things that makes it so spectacular is it's fantastic voice cast. With so many characters in every anime, there of course going to be a talented cast of English voice actors. And so I thought I'd use this entry to talk about my 10 favourite anime dub voice actors. These aren't going to be the best voice actors ever, even though they are here too, but this is just my personal opinion and my number 1 choice is just from my own opinion so if you disagree or have another list of favourites, that's fine and great, this is all just my opinion. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Yuri Lowenthal:
Image result for yuri lowenthal
Starting us off is the voice actor for characters like Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass and Simon from Gurren Lagann. His deep and smooth voice helps makes his characters more emotional and even intimidating at times, especially Sasuke. While also being the hero at times too, he knows exactly how a character should sound.
9. Brad Swaile:
Image result for brad swaile
At number 9 is the voice actor who voices very different kinds of characters every time, Brad  Swaile. In his career he's voiced characters like Teen Gohan from Dragon Ball Z, Light Yagami from Death Note, Amari Nobunaga from InuYasha and many more. In every voice he does he manages to perfectly deliver everything they're feeling and if they were ever going through some kinda change, he also manages to make it that much more plausible and believable like how Light descends into the crazy villain in Death Note.
8. Todd Haberkorn:
Image result for todd haberkorn
Next up is one of the most popular anime dub actors, Todd Haberkorn. This actor has a real legacy for aiming to go for roles that're fun. He's voiced many anime characters out there like Natsu from Fairy Tail, Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Allen Walker from D. Gray-man.  He also does voices for characters that can be pretty crazy sometimes.
7. J. Michael Tatum:
Image result for j michael tatum
This voice has done so much voice work and he's especially been able to do so many in just the past 7 years. Having been playing characters with such deep voices, he makes every performance amazing. The category of his work is huge like Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Eneru from One Piece, Smith from .hack//Quantum and Shiro from Assassination Classroom and that's not even a quarter of the many he's done. There's also the many amazing accents he's able to pull off flawlessly.
6. Steve Blum:
Image result for steve blum
At number 6 is the voice actor who feels like he's in every anime. With a fantastic voice for anime, he can do voices for so many heroes and villains. His roster includes Zabuza and Orochimaru from Naruto, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, but his most iconic is easily Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. Every performance by him is terrific and he gives so much depth and personally to every character.
5. Vic Mignogna:
Image result for vic mignogna
Another one of the most famous dubbed voice actors ever, Vic is best know for playing Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, which landed him an award, as well as others like Ikkaku Madarame from Bleach and Rigaldo from Claymore. Though I do like those, I still prefer to stick with Ed for being a great character and one of my favourite anime characters ever.
4. Christopher Sabat:
Image result for christopher sabat
Christopher Sabat is another one of the oldest anime dub actors ever. Having started in 1999 with his best performance ever in my opinion with Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z along with Piccolo and Yamcha. He's also done others like Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, Daisuke Jigen from Lupin the Third and Vaccine Man from One-Punch Man. Like I said a second ago, while all those are great, my favourite is Vegeta. He's never bad as the character and I never get tired of him.
3. Sean Schemmel:
Image result for Sean Schemmel
Along with Christopher Sabat, the other Dragon Ball cast member who's one of my favourite is the voice actor for Goku and King Kai. Sean Schemmel makes both characters extremely likeable by making him super optimistic and fun while making King Kai wise but also funny. Along with other characters like Shigeru Murota from Yu Yu Hakusho, Helmeppo from One Piece and Jimmy from Pokémon: Chronicles. But Goku will always be his best ever and I can't wait to see more of it in Dragon Ball Super.
2. Johnny Yong Bosh:
Johnny Yong Bosch.jpg
Easily the most popular anime dub actor all time, Johnny Yong Bosh has voiced dozens of anime characters. Whether it's Ichigo from Bleach, Vash the Stampede from Trigun, Rossiu Adai from Gurren Lagann, Sasori from Naruto Shippuden and that's just to name a few. Always doing a perfect performance with every character he's done, and is going to do I presume, each one shows just how talented and amazing Johnny is as an actor.
And my number 1 favourite anime voice actor is... Maile Flannigan:
Image result for maile flanagan voice roles
Now, remember what I said in the beginning about this being a personal opinion. And when I did my anime review of Naruto I brought this up too. And so in my opinion, I'm sticking with Maile Flannigan being my favourite anime voice actor, even though she has only done Naruto. But this is still an amazing performance to me. She perfectly pulls off a boy voice and it's also impressive when she has to scream a lot of lines too and she still nails it. She also manages to make Naruto's voice sound more mature as the show progresses in the original and then make it sound deeper and more mature as it transcends into Shippuden and in the Boruto movie. Everything she does with this character is great and perfect in my opinion. She also makes him sound fun, funny, optimistic, stupid at times and she also really pulls off the scenes when he's taking scene seriously too. And that's all why Maile Flannigan is my favourite anime voice actor. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me who your favourite is.

3 comments:

  1. Who's the bloke who voiced the asylum demon from Dark Souls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched Dark Souls, so I don't know who you're talking about. Though, thanks for the comments and please keep commenting.

      Delete
    2. dark soles is an incredible game about the nike warrior! you should totally draw it!

      Delete